cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @marwana71

They make the money on the services and plans then devices. Remember they buy in bulk so they pay way less then any of us and this goes for any company while they do make some sort of cash from. The devices, their money comes from services. Like Best Buy for instance, they sell u a laptop for cheap but to make money, they add services ontop to compensate that.

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

I suppose I'll see a bigger jump (I'm currently sitting at 94 for a JB+ 128) soon, considering some of you (#20 and above???) are already in progress?

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@writergal wrote:

I suppose I'll see a bigger jump (I'm currently sitting at 94 for a JB+ 128) soon, considering some of you (#20 and above???) are already in progress?

nope not yet

i am currently position #2 open for jet black iphone 7 plus 128

i started opening day (sept 9th) at 6am at position #16

i was at 12 two days ago, and jumped to 2

have been at 2 open since then

wondering if wed is when they move? not sure

Impact9
I Plan to Stick Around
Are you on the consumer or business reservations?

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around
@Impact9: Are you referring to me? I'm on the consumer list.

pjaworow
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on the consumer list 

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Impact9 wrote:
Are you on the consumer or business reservations?

um... im on the business side, BUT i registered on the consumer side by going to rogers.com -> myrogers same way i check our balances etc.. and went to device registration..

did everything i was supposed to do and instructed to do as per rogers website.. if i get cancelled i will be... "upset" since censor took out what i really said that starts with a p

thewreford
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers communication is poor, very poor.

That being said I received yet another email yesterday from Rogers confirming my 2 iPhone 7+ 128 GB JB reservations numbers.  I started at 169 and 179, I think.  I am down to 63 and 65.  As no one has received an iPhone 7+ 128 GB JB, that tells me that 100 people before me have become frustrated and cancelled.  That is really sad.

I don't want an email from Rogers confirming my reservation number. I can find my reservation number in MyRogers account.  They should be sending an email saying that they apologise for making everyone wake up at 6am to reserve a phone that they never had in stock. The second thing the email should say is something along long the lines of a ball park estimation as to when I might receive the phone.  Ball park as in 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, etc.  Even a confession that they have no clue as to when the phones might ship.  Perhaps an email explaining company politics as to why the corporate big wigs deserve them and the customers, who buy there expensive wireless plans, the ones that pay for the corporate big wigs salary, got theirs first.

I understand that Apple would prioritize their stores over others first.  That is common sense, perhaps even a common business practice.  I don't think that the rich Rogers executives deserve their pay if they can't properly negotiate an agreement with Apple as to the number of iPhones that they will receive and a likely shipping date. Any other common employee at any other common work place would get fired for such incompetence.

This online reservation system needs to be seriously revamped.  Salesmanship 101... sell what you have, not something you don't.  Rogers should wait until they have the iPhones in stock, then begin the online reservation system.  That way people would not be so frustrated and left in the dark.

But seriously here in Canada what are you going to do?  Get mad and leave Rogers and go to Bell or Telus or... wait those are our only options.

Although anyone with a high school education knows that the Canadian Wireless companies.. the big three, Rogers, Bell, Telus, are in cahoots with each other.  To deny it, seriously shows me the lack of common sense you may possess.  Canadians have the highest wireless bills.  Plans from the three companies are almost identical.  If the CRTC, which is made up of ex Rogers, ex Bell, and ex Telus executives, were to actual do the mandate of the CRTC we wouldn't be getting shafted by these companies.  Always remember, rich people stay rich by living off of the back of the poor.  If you are wondering if you are part of the poor or part of the rich... let me assure you.  You are part of the poor.  The rich are not reading this as they are playing with their Jet Black iPhone 7 plus'.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@thewreford

couldnt have said it better myself.... definately deserves a thumbs up

stanislavspon
I Plan to Stick Around

Just received an email from Rogers ....

Hi STANISLAV *****,
Your device has been shipped! You will soon have a new Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black for the wireless number 416******, using the order ID DR-******. Here’s a reminder of things you’ll need to keep in mind about your reservation.

Lonnie1313
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm Not happy. My friend on telus reserved his 7+ 128 Black last week and he already got it today. I'm calling telus in the morning to see if they can get me one and cancelling Rogers. Ridiculous. Rogers is telling me that maybe end of oct I'll get mine. Not happy at all right now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lonnie1313

Again i cant say much about stock with Rogers but one assuming could be that either Rogers isnt putting all the devices towards the reservation system and only at stores or Apple has it out for Rogers and giving them low amounts meanwhile other carriers are getting them faster.

It all deoebds but i do agree that the reservation system is failing at its highest point right now.

Impact9
I Plan to Stick Around
What a joke. Was just talking to a Rogers report and he told me that the reservation system doesn't guarantee that you are one of the first to get a phone. It just holds it. Ummmm, so do I get a fast pass in Disney and still have to wait in line? What's the purpose of waking up at 6 in the morning to reserve a phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Impact9

Yes i wrote that on my first post, it shows that even before you reserve the device and also on the FAQ. I also posted that many times on here as well.

It doesn't guarantee you will be the first one at launch to get it. Just holds a device with ur name on it when they do get them in which seems to be failing at.

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I'm still 777 for the Matte black iPhone 7+. I've been waiting since Sept 19th! (started at 1100). It is moving really slow! am I the last on the list? AmI advancing just out of cancellations? 😛

Just to update people, I got my 7+ 256 black last week and it is awesome.  I moved up from a 5S 64.  I love the haptic feedback on the home button and how it interacts with everything else.  I don't really notice much difference in camera, but I am not really too into that.  I thought the size of the 7+ was going to hinder me but i can tell you its only good in all ways.  I keep it in my front pocket with my wallet and I don't notice it any more then i did the 5S.  I did think that the speakers would be better and louder but they are alright.  when talking with my phone to my ear it seems like everyone else can hear the person I am talking to.... I have to turn the volume right down.  Overall this phone is 9/10.  Battery life doesn't blow me away as it only lasts 1.5 days under minimal/moderate usage.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

@asylver7 wrote:

Just to update people, I got my 7+ 256 black last week and it is awesome.  I moved up from a 5S 64.  I love the haptic feedback on the home button and how it interacts with everything else.  I don't really notice much difference in camera, but I am not really too into that.  I thought the size of the 7+ was going to hinder me but i can tell you its only good in all ways.  I keep it in my front pocket with my wallet and I don't notice it any more then i did the 5S.  I did think that the speakers would be better and louder but they are alright.  when talking with my phone to my ear it seems like everyone else can hear the person I am talking to.... I have to turn the volume right down.  Overall this phone is 9/10.  Battery life doesn't blow me away as it only lasts 1.5 days under minimal/moderate usage.

how long does it take to charge from 0% to 100% on average?

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered with Rogers a matte black iPhone 7+ 32gb on Monday was told delivery would take 2-4 weeks, it came today. So only took about 4 days.

skml
I've Been Around

@Breezygirl

WOW REALLY... how did you order?

Are you a new activation, consumer or business?

And what number were you on the list? how did you get it so fast?!? Smiley Surprised

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
I called them on the phone and talked to a sales rep to order, I am an existing customer with a personal account and signed up for a two year term. When I looked at my My Rogers account page it never showed any device reservations at all. So I didn't know what number I was or how to check.

I called Rogers on phone yesterday to make sure I actually did have a phone coming and the rep looked it up and said it was already in transit and would be delivered by end of day.

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
The rep also told me the wait if I wanted a jet black would be 3-4 months.