cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

jon4020
I've Been Around

Ive been following this forum since  the pre order day. I too believed in the Rogers Reservation system, like many of you. I got sick and tired of waiting so I decided to go to the apple store and was able to pick up a 7+ Matte Black 128GB. I had a corporate account but had them switch it to a consumer account with a corporate discount on. Went to the apple store and they had no problem issuing me the phone with my plan.  All they required was my corporate email. I probably spent longer waiting in line then I did for the activation to go under my plan. 

funny thing is even the apple rep was making jokes saying " oh you reserved through rogers?  You'll probably get it for Christmas 2018"

I am really disappointed with Rogers and their lack of professionalism, not even telling their own reps information is ridiculous.

anyways do your self a favour and go to the Apple store !

Shapesphere
I've Been Here Awhile

I too can confirm the ridiculous business practise Roger employes with those of us with corporate codes.

After 2 cancellations and being rejected at Apple because they can't "service corporate customers" I was able to get my matte 32gb from a ROGERS STORE.

The two stores I walk by in downtown Vancouver had 128gb jet blacks in STOCK, albeit only 1 at the time.

I held it in my hands before I decided 128GB is not worth it for me.

This was after another store sold me a DEMO iphone 7 plus also.

The answers I got 3 times from different reps on the phone line when I complained why corporate plan holders had to wait extra long in a queue line that's different was "because you guys on corporate codes have amazing phone plans".

Seriously rogers?

EDIT: I was in corporate queue forever and was promised it would be escalated because of all this and got an email saying I'm #246 out of #246. For those of you that really want it now, call your local stores every day, that's how I got mine

chuck12
I Plan to Stick Around
I just contacted csr in business and canceled the preorder for my "coperate" account. I'll get the device in store. If they can't do the "corperate" accounts I'll buy it outright. It's not that I am tired of waiting, it will be more that ill be free of contract and look at future options.
Apparently it will take a few days to cancel it as they had to escalate to a special team.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

hey shapespear,

which vancouver downtown rogers store had the 128 gb jet black in stock?

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

noticed a bunch of canadian apple stores with 7 plus 128 GB jet blacks today so hopefully we see some reservation movements on those today.  if you look at istocknow.com, there's some in eastern canada with stock as I write this, but it'll probably be gone in a jiffy.

Shapesphere
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey charles1977

Qubit
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I have order a mate black iPhone 7 through the rogers reservation system, but I have been waiting for two weeks now and I'm not moving in the queue! (started at 1000 and got to 820 in two weeks!)

I would like to upgrade my device and as such get the discounted price, but I was wondering, can I get it directly from the apple store and cancel my reservation without having to pay the retail price? or do I need to wait until the reserved device comes?

Thanks so much in advance! probably this questins has been answered before but I coudln't find the answer.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qubit

Yes you can upgrade at the Apple store and pay the same price you would with Rogers. The payment would be added to ur next month's invoice and u wont pay anything upfront. 🙂

Cancel the reservation when u upgrade at the Apple store! The $40 reservation fee will be credited back to u.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

My status for the iphone 7 plus JB 128 GB moved from #13 to #3.

that can't be all cancellations.  they may finally have gotten stock.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

seems like apple stores across the country have been getting in I7+ jet black 128gb

shows one store in Quebec city has one in stock as im writing this.

http://www.istocknow.com/live/

and my reservation went from #12 earlier this afternoon to position #2 now

so crossing my fingers that rogers is sending them out and its not due to cancellations

position 2.png

mudhead15
I Plan to Stick Around
Yay! My phone is now In Progress, Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black, I was #2 since September 9th.

iiLtnGeneralzZ
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @mudhead15

Are you a consumer or a corporate customer?

Im in position 13 for 7 Plus Black 256 GB, so I'm hoping I get mine soon.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mudhead15

Glad to hear!!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jeffyjoe

They are starting to get more JB units in as we speak. So they will get some slowly in.

hthuynh
I Plan to Stick Around

How bout the plus model in other colours 😞

i'm waiting for RG

#64 on the waitlist for 128gb for new activation...

but i see for 256gb .. its #1... is it worth it to just get 256gb instead of waiting

mudhead15
I Plan to Stick Around
Consumer account

cici24
I Plan to Stick Around
@hthuynh how do you know your position if you did it as a new activation? I did mine as new activation as well and everyone I've asked says you can't find out anything about your preorder of you did it as a new customer :S

Burrcold
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm in progress now! Been at #2 for a 7+ silver 128gb since day one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Burrcold

Glad to hear!! 🙂

Impact9
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you a Rogers retail or business customer?

you moved from 13 to 3? I've been sitting at 5 from the get go!

hthuynh
I Plan to Stick Around

@cici24

When you get a confirmation email on the bottom theres a link to see the progress and cancel your reservation 

Try this

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer