cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around
@kaleem

Lucky u.... I'm still waiting for it to be 8am to see if either location has the rose gold I want for pickup today thru reservation.

grolt
I've Been Here Awhile

Reserved my iPhone 7 128GB Jet Black from Market Mall in Calgary for pickup this morning.  I was #39 (now #20 thanks to cancellations)  in the country pre-ordering through Rogers and my status is still open and haven't heard a peep from them.  Called yesterday to see, and the lady told me it wouldn't be until November until Rogers would get the Jet Blacks, yet people can just walk into the Apple store and get them.  Pretty embarrassing for Rogers, really.  I'll never use their pre-order again.

hthuynh
I Plan to Stick Around

How about for other colours from rogers?

grolt
I've Been Here Awhile

In most cities I checked this morning, almost every single model of phone was available.  The best time to check is 8AM local time, but check for yourself:

https://reserve-ca.apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around
Well apple in my city is out of stock for the rose gold... boo.... I'm thinking along the lines of mid Nov to sometime in December that rogers will have stock for all colors.

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around

How is it possible that chinook has rose gold stock and WEM doesn't?.... I'm not driving to Calgary just to pick it up. Darn calgary...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @serena780

Depends in how the store is. The popular ones will get some devices faster then other i noticed as well.

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around
But WEM is pretty popular they are out of stock on only rose gold and jet black for 7plus 256gb

zerothree
I Plan to Stick Around

Reservation.PNG

Anyone know if there is a major backlog? Reservation was made on September 16 and started at Position 115, seems to be trickling down a couple positions a day and at this pace I won't see it for the next 45-50 days or maybe longer! 🙂

PS: This is on a corporate plan lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zerothree

Around 80-85% of devices that Apple makes go straight to the Apple store. Carriers get small amount to them. They haven't received a good shipment yet it seems.

FedFan
I Plan to Stick Around
Well I have made a reservation for a 7+ 256GB Black in Vancouver. I'm #13 for Rogers for a 128GB model but I'm so tired of waiting and having false hope that they might get some soon. It's my day off today and I'm traveling from Vancouver Island for this phone. My family thinks I'm crazy 😂

voodoo_ca
I Plan to Stick Around

... for those who dont know, you can use istocknow.com to check the stock levels of any phone in an apple store.

Buddy of mine ordered the phone 2 weeks ago ( 7plus jetblack) its being shipped already lol this week . Seems like the personal side is getting phones way before the business side. 

Yup getting tired of waiting as well , specially when my phone isnt working. 

Rascally
I've Been Here Awhile
I reserved a 7 with Rogers, on the first day, and have a pretty low number. However, it seems Rogers fulfils only a few phones every few days - sheesh.

At this rate, a "reservation system" is somewhat useless.

Why waste money and time running a reservation system, and their customers' time, if the system is so worthless???

Nonsense. Won't do this again.

Living hundreds of KM's from the Apple Store, I could keep waiting for Rogers, but it's likely that I'll visit Toronto and be near an Apple Store before Rogers gets to my order.

Maybe I'll book a vacation and need to fly from Toronto.... that would only be 6 to 10 weeks from now.... wonder if I'll need to visit Apple to get a 7 by that time! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Steve4xo

This is where say I rather have customers without working get them first as its a priority, not the ones that have a working phone and can wait but don't want to.

Hopefully yours soon gets shipped out!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @voodoo_ca

Thats a great site actually to use. Used it for a couple of years now.

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

For those waiting on 7 plus, seems like Apple is starting to get a lot more stock now. I would recommend checking regularly at your stores at 8AM or during the day. Ironically enough, today I randomly check and there was a 7+ 128gb in stock at the Apple Store in Ste-Catherine Montreal (the one I wanted). It was there for at least 2 hours on the Apple reservation system. 

@Meowmix - (and anyone who got a Matte Black phone) Any recommendation for cases? I'm looking for a case that won't hide the sexiness of the Matte black lol -  I bought a spigen ultra hybrid clear case but it doesnt seem to blend too much with the Matte Black. I was thinking of bumpers too. 

mudhead15
I Plan to Stick Around
I wouldn't count on it, I've been sitting at #2 since reservations went live on the 9th. Still sitting at OPEN. With no movement what so ever.

aman123
I'm Here A Lot

I got my iPhone from the apple store on last Thursday, and canceled my reservation right as I bought it. To everyone whos in the Vancouver area and is looking for a phone, try apple couple times a day because I randomly found the phone I wanted and got it the same day. I still come here in this dicussion to see if some of ya'll have got your phones and from the looks of it most of you guys are still stuck on the same number, or have went lower a few numbers. Rogers reservation is the worst thing ever lol, if you really want the phone just go on the apple site once a day and see if they have it in stock. Because chances are, your not going to see ur phone till november - december. 

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around
I started at #17 now I'm #13 with status open.... I keep checking apple for the color I want but it's sadly out of stock... yet the closest city to me has it in stock, but a 4hr drive 😣

serena780
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't think rogers is fulfilling their pre-orders. I think it's customers getting tired of waiting and going to Apple and then cancelling their reservation.... if I was in the mood I'd drive 3 hrs to the next closest city to me that has the phone and color I want in stock available for pickup this evening.... I just don't feel like driving 3 hrs each way just to grab the phone... if I was there for the day that's a different story....