cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

sascwatch
I Plan to Stick Around
The 7 plus I picked up at the Apple Store already had 10.0.1 on it out of the box. Picked it up on Saturday the 24th.

Moved down to 47 for the 7 plus jet black 128gb.

Doutchie
I Plan to Stick Around

So I finally got in touch with a customer service rep that wasn't following a script.

He told me that he can't really know how much time it will take, and I told him I get that, but, why did Rogers not get one iPhone7+256Gb Black since launch? Because my position didn't move.

Asked him what the position meant. Canada-wide or per store... He answers it's regional. What??? I then explain that this is the third different anwser I get for this question. Why isn't this clear? He answered that he wasn't sure what the position really is. That what someone told him (regional). So even they don't know what it means. 

Anyway, it seems that I should be able to get the discounted plan that I'm hoping to get by calling before 8PM. I was waiting on the Rogers reservation because I was told by a rep where I found this discounted plan (for Ontario college of teachers) that I had to have the phone sent to him before he could activate the plan.

So, I will reserve the phone that I want this morning in the Apple Store then call Rogers to make sure they have access to this plan.

I hope to have my new phone by tonight.

Alessandro1
I've Been Here Awhile
Was able to reserve a 7plus 256 gb Jet black today at the London store. 0800pm pick up will cancel my rogers resevation was number 51 Good luck everybody.

sascwatch
I Plan to Stick Around
Apple must be getting some phones in, I checked their reservation system this morning and they actually have a 256gb 7 jet black available. When I was there Saturday they got their first jet black display model of the 7.

Hope things get moving for everybody waiting.

Also the 256gb 7 plus matte black I picked up has the "hiss" noise but I can only hear it if I put my ear against the back of the phone. Even watching YouTube videos is enough to cause it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @sascwatch

Yeah they are starting to get them in slowly which is great!

The huss noice is on the demos as well.

SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around
Well, I ended up grabbing a 256gb matte black 7+ through Apple reservations and picked it up after work yesterday. And managed to stay with my current plan, there was no upsell to a higher priced plan either. Of course that means I shell out more for the phone initially, but would rather do that than lose my 6gb $95/month for 1 line and $55 for the 2nd one plan.

Will be cancelling my 7+ Jet black 128gb reservation with Rogers shortly...woohoo! Good luck, all!

Oh, does anyone know what a good price would be to charge for a 64gb 6+ silver in excellent condition?

sascwatch
I Plan to Stick Around
I got $450 for my 64gb 6 with a few scuffs on the top edge. I was asking $500, for your phone and all the stuff that came with it I'd ask $650 and take $600. A lot of people like having the unopened ear buds, etc. Makes upgrading a bit easier too.

I'm also on the same plan and couldn't justify switching to their new plans since it would be almost $130 per month for the same plan.

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for my status to change on the business side. My reservation spot shows as escalated/priority as of last wednesday, but my status still shows as "In Progress (pre-fulfillment)" - @orangefreddie mentionned his status changed to Finalization on the 3rd business day after he was escalated. If it hasn't changed yet I'm assuming Rogers has not received any 7+ matte black 128 gb yet. 😮 

jdalpine
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone able to explain how the position number works? I am also curious about how the Apple Store is able to obtain more product than the carriers? If Rogers knows that there would be no product available for at least 3-4 weeks after release, then why even both opneing pre-orders so early.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jdalpine

Your number in the reservation system is nation wide, not province or store wide.

Also i have explained it a couple of times here that Apple is known to favour their own stores then the carriers. It's been like this for years. Of course Apple would favour their own stores. This way they can keep customers going to them. The Apple stores receive about 80-85% of the stock and the carriers receive the other 15-20% of the stock that's left. That's why most favourited models go to the Apple store before carriers. That's how it works.

Apple again controls the pricing, pre ordering, models and everything that has to do with the iPhone and launches. So if Apple tells them to do something, they do it. It's under the agreement they made with the carriers back in 2008 when they brought out the iPhone 3G in Canada. Since then carriers have no say. Apple has full control of everything to do with the iPhone in all companies it's with.

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
No one has a clear understanding it seems, some were told by Rogers it was national while others provincial.

Exactly, absolutely no point in pre-ordering with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arsalan1

The reservation system is nation wide as i have mentioned many times and also on my post on page 215. The reps on the phone aren't trained to deal with the reservation system thus they don't know.

There is no " provincial" wide system.. That would make things difficult. So it's nation wide.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

ALL models of iPhone 7 128gb and 256gb (including Jet Black) now available at Upper Canada Mall, Newmarket Apple store.

Swarm, Swarm!!!!

jsbca
I've Been Here Awhile

I am a corporate customer and have been very disappointed in Rogers customer service. I have sent 6 emails to the business/corporate email line (which is supposed to have a 48 hour turn around time) and have still not received a response. This is in addition to being put on hold for 3 hours last weekend (with CSR being completely useless). 

I completely understand the lack of supply to Rogers, however, they make the process extremely difficult for corporate customers to upgrade. Effectively, they monopolize the market and prohibit corporate customers from even having the option of getting the phone elsewhere. My current phone is not fully functioning and I am in desperate need of a working phone as I rely on it (and was hoping to upgrade to new contract). I was able to get the phone I want ( 7+ black 256gb) from the apple store at full price and was hoping for Rogers to credit me the subsidy difference with proof of purchase. Rogers does not seem to be willing to do this but I am at a bit of a loss to understand why (espescially as the phone purchase show up on your next bill anyway). This would be the most efficient process... I get a new phone, and rogers gets another 2 years of my business. However, the continual lack of providing any flexibility or even relevant information is really pushing me away from Rogers.  

voodoo_ca
I Plan to Stick Around

@jsbca there is more going on behind the scenes than just a simple "give me a subsidy credit" - we will never really know the full details of what Apple and Rogers agreement is.

No doubt, depending on where the phone goes to start, it influences things internally at Rogers and Apple.

Order from a Rogers store, they get something from Apple - likely different than if you go to an Apple store and just buy the phone.

Small supply.

Corporate plans are pretty decent.

We are stuck waiting.

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. I can bet Apple didn't give much inventory to Rogers in its entirety. Think about where you started when you placed your order. The 7+ at 32GB for example. I've been 30 (now 28 as 2 people dropped). That means, nationwide, Rogers didn't allot more than 30 7+32gb for corporate customers? Geez, how many did they get? I'd love to see those numbers. 

yury01
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been number 4 for 32GB 7+ matte black from the day one (on corporate side) and didn't move even one spot.

This means that Rogers didn't get single 7+.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Staveros

You won't see those number Sadly as they don't show that number to any public. Same with all carriers and companies.

Sadly this is the reality. It's been like this for years.

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
There have been a few on this forum pretty low on the non-corporate side and they haven't moved at all.

It's actually pretty pathetic how Rogers have negotiated this deal with apple on both the corporate and consumer end.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arsalan1

Again it's Apple controls everything that has to do with the iPhone. So carriers are at their mercy when dealing with them a long time ago Verizon even said that as well. So it seems that carries sign the agreement so that way they can carry the device and not disappoint customers by not carrying it. Rogers sign the agreement so that way they won't have headaches after.

As for what happened with cancellations of the reservations, that's new and never happened before. So that I must agree that it was a huge problem which caused many to leave. I wonder why this happened now but not on any other reservations for any device. Hmm.

hthuynh
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow i reserved through the business side and im 124th for the I7 + 128gb Rose Gold....

I called  rogers and they told me only one store can do my upgrade for my corporate plan so my order online won't work. The store has to do the reservation for me. I call them and they told me to reserve as a new activation and cancel the business reservation.. and now im number #74 ?? 

Is this the same waitlist ast he consumer side??? i thought the numbers much higher ?? Can someone tell me their spot on the waitlist for consumer side?

Sigh i saw the phone i wanted looking thorugh apples reservation system today.. i wish i can just upgrade there

Also does anyone know if the 40$ will be refunded when the phone ships to the store or only if you pick it up/cancel it