cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

I cant even look on the sheet to see what my number is. When rogers sent the email , I informed them to send to my personal email instead of work and never received the email. When I call rogers back to re-send email they said flat out " No" lol okay then 

Staveros
I Plan to Stick Around

Corporate is most certainly last for devices. They know they have us so they don't quite care...

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around

Couldn't agree more.

Considering Rogers' size and legacy in this business, am I to believe they can't have a simple pre-launch meeting with their Apple account manager to ensure they get the phones in a timely manner? I know people with Bell who have received their JB phones, so please, stop spreading the BS about not having stock etc. Preference should be given to the pre-order customers, and you go out of the way to make it happen, that is what is called good customer service, which clearly Rogers lacks. What is the point of pre-ordering when it will take 3-4 weeks beyond the actual launch date?!

Never again will I be using their pre-order service, it is absolutely ridiculous. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Staveros

Its true. All the years been doing this the corporate and business accounts get their reservations last it seems. Only a hand full get them at the start

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Steve4xo

They need to restructure the whole entire reservation system and been saying this for years.

The fact is they do post that the reservation system does not guarantee that you will get it at launch or be the first one. They have posted that a couple of times in the reservation page, also on the FAQ it states that but the communication towards this whole thing has been terrible.

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
No one is saying it should be the first day, but has to be within reason, not 1 1/2 weeks and counting, soon it will be 2 weeks and perhaps even more.

The post earlier mentioned how that person was #2 on the list, does she/he not deserve to get it at least within a week of launch date? #2 for crying out loud.

Fine print is usually there to cover themselves in legal matters, shouldn't be used to defend their poor customer service.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arsalan1

I do agree and no one is using that to defend Rogers here. Seems to me no one can post things without others thinking those that are posting are defending a company... Maybe some should rethink that..

Anyways yes it's there to warn users and let them know they most likely won't be the first ones to get the device at launch. Again it's been like this for the past 5 years and counting. Some of the Users know this as they have been here for years using the system them selfs and every year they complain about the same thing yet don't seem to be doing anything about it them selfs. Remember money talks right?.

I have said this for many years as i have been doing all the reservation threads for each device that the system needs to be redone and alot needs to change BUT stock is one thing and customer service is another. Customer service as i do agree needs to get a bit better when dealing with this. Sending out emails weekly as they said should be done and explaining what is the holdup or going on.. Rogers did put on their site that the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is on backorder which i did post 2 days ago. No one seems to be actually paying attention or seen it.

Again the reservation system does need a overhaul and change that I agree and customer service needs to be done properly.

jdalpine
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix - from a consumer perspective, the FAQ are almost as worthless as a toothpick in a dentist's office. All purchasers pay attention to is when their hard earned dollar lands them the product, they don't look at FAQ's. The underlying issue, as it has been from the beginning, is there is zero communication from this Corporation. Sure someone has the ability to provide a revised estimate for timing. The longer this takes the more negative publicity and negative brand reputation occurs. Where's the loyalty value proposition? Wake up Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jdalpine

Yes but it's the customers responsible to look at the FAQ or small fine print. They put it there for a reason. Now if a customer choices not to read it, that's their problem. It's the same with anyone buying a product at the store and failing to read the return policy or fine print.

Again i agree with the customer service and the communication. That has been like that for years and most of us have asked for more communication to come down.

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix - the way in which some people have responded, seems they are defending Rogers, at least to me and a few others it did.

Well, I am sure there are tons of people here willing to dish out extra cash if that would get them their phone faster, but unfortunately, there is no such option.

Anyways, the stocking issue would not have been there had they planned this better. Like someone else mentioned in this forum, people from other carrier have received their JB phones, yet a #2 on the Rogers reservation list is still waiting 10 days from launch date?! Regardless what they post now, they messed up and the results are apparent.

Bad customer service and even worse product management. I am a product manager, and this is perhaps the first things you tackle when launching a new product.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arsalan1 wrote:
@Meowmix - the way in which some people have responded, seems they are defending Rogers, at least to me and a few others it did.....

.....Like someone else mentioned in this forum, people from other carrier have received their JB phones, yet a #2 on the Rogers reservation list is still waiting 10 days from launch date?!....

rogers reservation system SUCKS ******!

we all know that.. and some of us have known this for years.

and yet they still suck... they know what will happen at these launches but it keeps happening..

and it upsets the heck out of people... like me

im not willing to do anything about it because others things that are offered are great, but . ... this is still upsetting to customers and could cost them business.. but apparently not enough or they WOULD do something about it..

having said that... our company has split from its original.. and the original is with bell.. and numorous people still have bell as a service provider,, some also have telus. because our company has ios designed software, we are all stuck with iphones (i would get one anyways cause i like iphone over any other phone)

my point is, many have reserved the i7+ and the ones ive talked to, from bell at least, have not received any jet black plus units.. nor have they moved up.. except for a few spots for those that reserved later sept 9th.

ive also been reading every one of the posts in this thread since it started. and seen a few (3 i think.. maybe 2) that have claimed a "friend of a friend who knows a guy" got his from bell etc... but nothing concrete..

not saying they are not telling the truth.. but it sounds like they are relaying rumours just like the rogers reps are relaying things they heard... and i dont trust the validity of rogers reps anymore.. so why would i trust the validity of someone's "friend of a friend who knows a guy" that posted here anonymously in in open forum?

saupaui
I Plan to Stick Around
@jeffyjoe, strange.... I just checked on my status and it shows I am #14 for the jet black plus 128 GB. It's been like that since last week.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui wrote:
@jeffyjoe, strange.... I just checked on my status and it shows I am #14 for the jet black plus 128 GB. It's been like that since last week.

Screenshot_5.png

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
I can speak for myself, I personally know someone in Toronto region that got their JB 7+ (Bell). Also, checked the iStock website this morning and they have JB 7 available at 2 locations in France and 1 in Ontario (London I think), so the JB are kicking around.

The point is, there are people here with #2 and some in the 20 range that are still waiting. I moved from 300 to 250 range from the launch date, I don't think all were cancellations, maybe they are but hard for me to believe all were.

The reservation system is Rogers, so thry are to blame. As an end user, I would only be accommodating and understanding of circumstances to a certain extent, but this is just insane.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui

i was 16 on sept 9th,, then went to 15 two days later.. stayed like that for over a week

then today about 4 hours ago i went to position 14

Burrcold
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been following this thread since launch.  I've been #2 since pre-orders opened (to pick up in store) a 7+ 128gb in silver...not even JB or Black even.  My status is still "open" and I'm just a consumer customer (not a corporate account).  Does this make sense?? The Rogers reps obviously have no idea why and keep saying to wait. 

Arsalan1
I Plan to Stick Around
If you are in the Edmonton region, they have a 7+ silver 256GB available tomorrow at the West Ed store . Just thought I'd share.

Can't go through the reservation system as it doesn't show up, but I called them and they mentioned how you can go through the buy route and go on to a carrier plan in store.

Burrcold
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, unfortunately I'm in the Toronto area (Mississauga/Milton area to be exact).  I just can't believe that even the silver 7+'s are this hard to get!

Lonnie1313
I Plan to Stick Around
Apple probably didn't even start building iPhone 7's until the week before launch. That's why they don't have any. If they started building them any sooner they would have come with beta versions of iOS 10. No wonder they can't keep up with demand.

saupaui
I Plan to Stick Around
Strange indeed!. I just checked now (9:30 pm EDT) and it is showing me that I am still at #14. So does this mean these numbers represent your priority regionally and not nationally? I am in the Ottawa area.
As a side note, I have another reservation for the iPhone 7 silver 128 that I placed on the first day and currently I am at #3... was at #6 initially. So Rogers only received 3 iPhone 7's 128 GB (not Pluses) since launch day??. Maybe they got none and the three before me had cancelled?

cici24
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered the device as a new customer and asked Rogers customer service if they can send me my SIM card now so I'm not without a phone and can use my current iPhone 6 until it arrives and they told me there's absolutely no way they can do that until I get my iPhone 7. Can anyone tell me how that makes sense?