cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @charlo1108

The thing you keep forgetting is that ALL carriers do this including Apple. Again you keep going about this little friend of yours but you aren't seeing the whole picture.. Go to Apple's head office in Toronto and in US. You will see most have the Jet Black and Matte Black of the Plus ones carrying them around.. So you are telling me only Rogers does it but don't want to admit every carrier does including Apple which claims it was out of stock of them almost 2 hrs after the pre order opened yet gave them to their staff and friends?. You been here long enough to know things...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Cruella7009

He didn't specify but alot of other colors on the Plus model. He doesn't know anything that happens in the warehouse so really take it with a grain of salt to be honest. His buddy apparently for 4 Jet Black models from Rogers head office but yet fails to say how Apple has given their staff the Jet black models as well and their buddy's. Always ignores that bit blames Rogers. Around 11 different reps at the Apple store in Eatons center and Yorkdale have the Plus jet black model and they told me Apple gave them the devices to use. So he can't explain to us why Apple is doing it but blames Rogers on how they got some units and gave them to people with " money". I really don't buy it but if it happened, maybe he should also look at other carriers including Apple which does the same...

jeffrey_mtl
I Plan to Stick Around
I was able to reserve one at the Apple store for later today. Will be cancelling my reservation (position #1 since day 1 for 7+ silver 32gb)

Although by going this route, I will be missing out on a "new activation bill credit" I could have gotten if I activated the phone through a particular rogers store (corporate plan) but I'll still have the monthly bill rebate so whatever. Rather have my phone now than later when I'll be more busy with school.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a case and a screen protector from ebay for the new iphone 7 plus this week, i think it will arrive before my phone arrives lol

what a joke?!

Doutchie
I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers customer reps must be getting tired of saying "Sorry, I don't have that information" or... "Sorry, I can't help you" or... "Well, you know, it is a very popular phone". Ugh... Good news though! I did go up one spot since last Friday! At this rate, I might get my phone by the time the snow melts.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I 'keep forgetting'? We're not talking about other carriers or Apple.  This thread is about ROGERS RESERVATION and the supply of ROGERS.. So that is what I'm talking about.. I said Rogers got units which is a fact.. I said that I havent moved since day one.. that is a fact.. So because I have been preordering phones with Rogers for years means that I should accept whatever service they throw our way with a smile and thats it?  Because I have had bad service in the past from Rogers, I'm use to bad service from Rogers and I should always expect bad service and systems not working and information being wrong and reps not knowing what they are talking about or being able to process properly forever?  If I operated the way Rogers does at my work, I wouldv'e been fired long ago.. Thats not setting the bar very high

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also not a HE.. I'm not ignoring anything.. what Apple gives their store staff is irrelvant to what I'm saying.. Everyone keeps trying to say "Rogers did not get any jet black" and all I am saying is that, it is simply not the case.. I never assumed my #2 canada wide jet black position would be automatically filled on launch but I dont think its unbelievable that 8 days later I am still opened and I'm annoyed is such a crazy stretch.. I also said that Rogers reps repeatedly told me wrong information such as "the rogersdirect.ca website is only for internal use" and "the login errors that you are experiencing will be fixed in 2 days" and "you are not qualified to do an upgrade" and "your plan is expired" and on and on and on.. but I guess that must also be Apple's fault.. I guess Apple also forced Rogers to cancel hundreds of preorders as well as expose customers emails.. And the rep who called and said "your phone is in our store now" and when I got  to the store then said "nope, we did not receive a shipment today, you didn't get a call".. That must also have been Apple's fault..

digitalpirate
I Plan to Stick Around

Friends, it has been a slice. I managed to get a 7+ 128gb black reservation at the Apple Store. Everyone in the 256 7+ JB higher than #50 will be moving up a number.

God speed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @charlo1108

Actually it is relevant as they are doing the same as what Rogers did with ur so called buddy that took the 4 devices from them. They are giving their stock to the employees who they could be selling it to customer or giving them to carriers. So it is relevant if u think about it....

You keep going about Rogers and what they did with the devices they had so i COMPARED that to all the other carriers which do it and Apple as a company which sells and manufactures the devices. Again u don't get it but that's fine. I agree with the rest you wrote but not about the stock. It seems you are misunderstanding my comments so i don't know what else to keep saying to you. Everyone has tried to make you understand that it's not only Rogers doing what they did with the devices they got but u keep going at it. So be it. But remember don't sit their and post all negative stuff about Rogers as u are still with them on a contract which u could opt out if u like ( some businesses allow u to do this and same with corporate accounts). You know how things go every year.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @digitalpirate

Take care and enjoy your device! 🙂

Same but I did it with amazon. My order arrives Tuesday still iN position 400 for my black and 86 for rose gold

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone has a clue how many devices will arrive in the next big shipment?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Unfortunately no one here has this information. No one knows how many units Apple sends to the carriers. Not even the warehouse. Apple warehouse only knows that until Rogers gets them.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around
is there someone directly to talk to that knows such information?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Only the Apple warehouse knows and they don't talk to outside world per say.. Not even the Rogers warehouse employees don't talk on the phone with customers.. No company does that. Apple doesnt even know how many units their own stores will get let alone their own warehouse as the information doesn't become available to them.

So short answer is no. You have to wait until they send more out to Rogers.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ziglaub

Only the Apple warehouse knows and they don't talk to outside world per say.. Not even the Rogers warehouse employees don't talk on the phone with customers.. No company does that. Apple doesnt even know how many units their own stores will get let alone their own warehouse as the information doesn't become available to them.

So short answer is no. You have to wait until they send more out to Rogers.

im starting to feel like im in a 3rd world country with this anarchy!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Well no companies warehouse is allowed to speak to the public. The information about how many units they get is kept in between the management and warehouse as if it gets let out and let's say they don't get that many units, customers will complain. So companies stopped years ago on doing that. Apple is known not to even tell it's own managers what and how many

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

they should have a personal tracking number at least for those who ordered their devices!

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ziglaub

Well no companies warehouse is allowed to speak to the public. The information about how many units they get is kept in between the management and warehouse as if it gets let out and let's say they don't get that many units, customers will complain. So companies stopped years ago on doing that. Apple is known not to even tell it's own managers what and how many

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Yes but unfortunately as i said the companies don't give that information to the public. That's only within the companies.

The hold up is due to a huge ship that has many containers of the new iPhones which is stalled due to talks or something I believe. That is what i have read everywhere and also on here.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ziglaub

Yes but unfortunately as i said the companies don't give that information to the public. That's only within the companies.

The hold up is due to a huge ship that has many containers of the new iPhones which is stalled due to talks or something I believe. That is what i have read everywhere and also on here.

I hope when the Iphone 8 comes they will change their system and have a tracking number for each one knowing exactly where their device is at any time or anything similar to this in order to track their device.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

The Rogers Reservation System doesn't give u a tracking number. Nor will it ever. They gave u a tracking number when the shipment was in and shipment to get it to u but not internally for u. The internally tracking number is only allowed to be used by the warehouse and that's it. Not to the public. So that won't happen.