cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

When going into a Apple store, they will offer you the devices price on a 2yr term for what carrier you like to go too. All major carriers have the same pricing. Apple controls all the stock, pricing and anything else towards the iPhones, iPads and any Apple product. Carriers and stores have no say or control in anything as per the contract from Apple and carriers.

So in the long run, yes its the same cost.

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around
@ziglaub
that's correct, that's what i've been trying to do all week. this is also how i got my iphone 6, via the apple store on a hardware upgrade through rogers.
just be prepared to have lightning quick fingers at 8am if you want to get one through the apple store though!

JakeKane
I've Been Here Awhile

How do you log in first? It always makes me log in after selecting a phone and then i have to reselect the phone!

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

@socrdiva11 wrote:
@ziglaub
that's correct, that's what i've been trying to do all week. this is also how i got my iphone 6, via the apple store on a hardware upgrade through rogers.
just be prepared to have lightning quick fingers at 8am if you want to get one through the apple store though!

i think ill stick to rogers, i didnt stay up on that day for nothing!

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around
@JakeKane
you have to log into your account before 8am and then you only have to confirm, but even then, i haven't had any luck yet this week.
(go to the shopping bag on the top right hand of the screen on the apple.ca site and there will be a drop down menu and you can select log in)

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, it is a sad day to officially leave Rogers Wireless, after over 15 years and counting. You have been good to me all of these years, you really have. 

From the days of when I was using the very first original iPhone before iPhones were even available in Canada, to to the 3g with your 6gb $30 data plan I loved for so many years, then to the iPhone 4  with so many countless credits you'd apply to my account, you were great to me, you really were, almost until the end with my iPhone 6.

But your Hardware Upgrade and Device Reservation system was a joke and always has been. White I have waited in line at Rogers for iPhones in the past like many others here, I also remember the days of waiting in store on Day 1 for hours on end to activate the phone. I have been first in line to walk out empty handed because of your hardware upgrade 'system errors'. 

But then your bills started going up, almost doubling in the end. From $67 to $85, then $95 to $118.  

You'd often hold me accountable and deny my device upgrade, due to these 'retention' 'customer relations' 'loyalty' and 'back office' plans you'd have so many revolving names for, even when I was spending thousands a year with you, time after time. 

Eventually I caved and upgraded to your share everything plan, even though I had always told you I had no one to share it with.

Next you tricked me into upping my monthly data plan because of the one and only time I went over due to a  fluke 4am morning data surge/usage, with ridiculous overages in the end. I never could understand how Rogers would warn you you'd hit 80% of your monthly data allowance but never ONCE would they warn you when you'd hit 100% - I was told that just wasn't how my plans was set up - such a scam. 

These were just a small handful of the issues you had over the years but I always accepted them until the most recent day you cancelled my preordered iPhone, like many others had experienced on here. 

I am not a corportate employee. I am not a business customer (although I am now with Bell since you told me there was no benefit to changing to Rogers business). The 'University code' I've had on my plan for the last 12 years should not have been your answer as to why something like this could have happened.

I never did receive your promised 'escalation' email or phone call, but I am happy to read others on here have. 

It took BELL less business days to directly ship me an iPhone 7 then it did for you to 'escalate' whatever it was you promised me you'd escalate. Getting me back to my top spot in line was it? Based on what I have read over the last 100 pages or so, I'd say you have other issues going on. 

Although I will miss your unlimited 'Roam like home' as Bell's version is unfortunately only 100mb per day, I will not miss your included 'free' spotify or your lack in customer service, if you even call it that and I certainly will not miss your horrible My Rogers websites and apps that never would work properly.  

I fell in love with Bell's customer service the moment I called them and each and have each and every time I have  spoken to them since. Nothing but pleasant and enjoyable people on the other end of the line, I couldn't believe it. 

I know this is and always has been an 'Apple' thread, but I had to rant one last time, as it feels a little bitter sweet in the end. 

Thank you for listening and sorry to hijack. It has been incredibly enjoyable chatting with you all after all of these years and I commend @Meowmix and the others for their dedication to this forum and thread.

I love Apple, their iPhones and their customer service, but I unfortunately will not be preordering nor purchasing any of their devices through Rogers for quite some time to come and will miss discussing the process with you all. 

So, here's the latest.  I have moved all of 5 spots in the reservation queue...still sitting at number 27 in My Rogers.   Waiting for my Rose Gold 128G 7 Plus.   Spent 2 hours on the phone with 4 different people at Rogers this morning, trying to find out how it's even possible that I was number 32 Canada-wide as of September 9th, and still don't have my phone!!!  I finally got to the highest ranking customer escalation representative I was given access to and was told that even the Apple stores do not have the IPhone 7 Pluses yet...the manufacturer (NOT APPLE FYI) is behind in production.  This CSR actually moonlights at an Apple Store and told me that this was the case since "launch" day.  They have had none to fill pre-orders.  Certain models/colours are even more apt to be delayed.  Apple manufactures the 7, but a third party manufactured the 7 Plus.  Anybody have any insight into making this seem less ridiculous, or me more likely to remain with Rogers after more than a decade of poor customer service, constant system crashes, and now this?

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry but your wrong. I was online much sooner than 8AM to reserve my phone and have the email along with date stamp to prove it. 

digitalpirate
I Plan to Stick Around

@nauthier wrote:

Sorry but your wrong. I was online much sooner than 8AM to reserve my phone and have the email along with date stamp to prove it. 

Sometimes you can get lucky and it'll be open before.

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

He's outright lying to your face. I have checked multiple stores in the AM at the online reservation and they have had every size/model/color with the exception of the Jet Black and Black in 128GB/256 in the Plus. All their trying to do is sugar coat the blow that is their reservation service. 

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

I just find this all unbelievable that you guys are being so loyal to their reservation service at Rogers. Unless your employees posting as "customers", I would reccomend trying to get a phone reserved at Apple. I did this with relative ease and as soon as my phone was purchased and done, I canceled the upgrade online. You'll thank me that you tried this. Been enjoying my new 256GB 7 Plus in Silver since last Saturday.

Well, that's handy to know.  I thought it was ridiculous that only the first 5 people on my list got their phones this week.  It's slightly less disgusting knowing that NOBODY has gotten their Plus's...NOT

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

Like I said, more than 80% of the phones(Plus models) are going to Apple stores. Its going to be a long time before Rogers gets their hands on the 7 Plus. 

It's true.  Rogers has received NO 7Plus phones to date.  Zero, ZIP.  I spent 2 hours on the phone this morning, being re-directed from agent to agent at Rogers before somebody finally told me that.  Ain't being a Rogers customer and relying on their pre-order system fun?  

kaylee_frye
I've Been Here Awhile

I just cancelled my reservation with Rogers Business because I was able to get a Rose Gold 7+ 256GB today at the Pacific Center apple store.

I kept refreshing the Apple reservation screen throughout the day and one came available, I was able to get the reservation through and got it tonight tied to a 2 year rogers contract.

You probably have a better chance at 8:00AM but they do come up throughout the day too.

FedFan
I Plan to Stick Around
Has anyone actually had any luck reserving an iPhone 7+ 128GB Black at an Apple Store?

saupaui
I Plan to Stick Around

@Cruella7009, I did receive my iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black just this past Monday.  I was supposed to receive it on launch day but the phone got shipped to another store in the Ottawa area so I had to wait until Monday as UPS shipped it to the Rogers Plus store I had selected when I made the reservation.  The Rogers rep did tell me that I was probably the only one to get a 7 Plus at that store.

If I recall, I think I was #64 when I first made the reservation, so there's has to be at lest 50+ people that got the same phone as me (assuming some canceled their order).  I have to admit that I was surprised that I got the phone that quickly.  I also reserved a JB 7 Plus 128 GB... was at #25 initially and now I am at #16 and status is still "open".

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
@Cruella7009

I am making this post on my Black iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB that was fulfilled by Rogers. So I can guarantee that rep is not telling you the truth. The one in my hand as I type came from Rogers, not an Apple Store.

saupaui
I Plan to Stick Around

@FedFan, yes I was able to reserve the 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black at the Rideau Center Apple store (Ottawa area) on Wednesday afternoon.  I was expecting to get a "sorry, phone is now sold out" message when confirming my reservation but surprisingly I was able to reserve it.  I gave the reservation to my friend as I already have a 7 Plus 128 GB Matte Black and he wanted one badly as he got screwed by the Rogers reservation system (had his initial reservation canceled).  When he went to get the phone at the Apple store, they told him it was the only black one that came in that day. 

FedFan
I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui

Alright, that's cool. Was just curious because I'm #16 and #19 right now for 7 + 128GB Black for both my lines and I'm wondering if I should just wait for Rogers as I am quite close now. Plus I'm a ferry ride and a bit of a drive away from an Apple Store (those darn BC Ferries, lol)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nauthier

No one works for Rogers here. We here are users like you but know the system better then others. Remember some if us have been here for YEARS. like my self. Been doing the threads for the past 4 years for every single device that comes out on the system and know.

So no need to assume things and cause drama when it's not needed.