cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
@xfallen I hope you see progress very soon.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm sure Tim Cook and all the boys at apple hooked up their friends ahead of the Apple presale queues as well...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @xfallen

Hopefully things get fixed up for u

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Don't keep going. Let it be. Some love to blame rogers. They don't sit and think that all carriers have done this and also Apple does as well. How do u think all the management at apple have one... they love to blame Rogers but don't see the actual picture

Johnianlee
I've Been Around

I'm waiting for BestBuy to stock up on Pluses as well as they didn't recieve any from launch. 

I have some good news for you guys though. http://www.istocknow.com/live is a website which constantly updates the inventorys of iPhones in the world and guess what?....

All of the Apple Store's across the GTA recieved a shipment it looks like. You can't make a reservation on the Apple website, but those of you looking to upgrade from a carrier or BestBuy might be in luck tomorrow! Looks like Canada got a nice restock overnight tonight.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lenrage

Yeah they did. They might have gotten some some yes give some to high end clients or nanagent but they have the right to do so as Apple gives them those. Now some units may be given tonsome high profile people, that is for many reasons unknown but again Apple didnt send many to rogers and only aent a hand full

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
According to UPS my 7+ 128 GB Black will be delivered tomorrow.

Guess I got a good agent when I called in. I am going to stick around to see how your story turns out @xfallen. Really hoping you get sorted out.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Great to see!

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Lenrage

Yeah they did. They might have gotten some some yes give some to high end clients or nanagent but they have the right to do so as Apple gives them those. Now some units may be given tonsome high profile people, that is for many reasons unknown but again Apple didnt send many to rogers and only aent a hand full

I used to work in a video store in my youth,,i would get to take home videos at the end of my shift for free..

people who work at timmies get free or reduced price of coffee..

its the perks of the job.. i dont hold it against anyone getting a freebie perk from the job..

if i worked for apple as an exec or even a large corp that buys thousands of phones i too would feel entitled to a free i7+ as im sure everyone else would too in that position

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jeffyjoe

We did the same at Best Buy as well. We got the Samsung S2 watches and the Apple watch for free 2 days before their launches ( only specific employees got them). We only have a couple to sell meanwhile we had tons of customers wanting both of them.

This is the perk of working within the company or know someone and get the perks. I am saying that due to some getting so mad at Rogers because they u gave a couple if the JB devices to someone with money. It happens with all companies. You can't stop it. The people that blame Rogers because of that dont sit and think that Apple has given all the store managers one ( store managers aren't allowed to say anything to the public) and they also give the devices to the higher ups and other people. It happens with any electronic system..

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

there are few here blaming rogers for apple's lack of supply...

but 99% of complaints here are things that can be blamed on rogers solely

like:

• cancelling orders without notice
  • not keeping customers informed of the stock situation and allowing them to assume
  • not keeping rogers staff informed
  • allowing rogers staff to give different answers (that they dream up themselves)
  • having a terrible glitchy pre-registration system
  • not allowing ANY of their staff on the front lines access to look at pre-registrations
  • failure correct things they are responsible for (ie cancellations.. unless u complain you get nothing)
  • not giving customers any idea what to expect (remember rogers is the cell phone company, they have the experiance, they have the knowledge from buying hundreds of thousands..millions? of iphones from apple over the past 8 years (first years wasnt available to rogers)) the customer has zero knowledge in this field.
  • fixing their own mistakes in their system without the need for the customer to complain to get it fixed
  • i could go on forever

99% of all complaints here including my own, are because rogers failed at their customer service, yet again.

1% is apple's attempt at low inventory marketing..

are there people here that want to tell me rogers was caught offgaurd by apple? if so this is the 8th time in a row they've been caught offgaurd.. think they will be caught offguard next year?

gonna go out on the limb here and say.. ya, thats a gimme, of course they will.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around
ok maybe 99% is a little steep.. 😛

but my point was, if rogers corrected the above problems on their end, this forum would full of people complaining about apple only.. because they would know whats going on

Cruella7009
I'm Here A Lot

I had my IPhone 7 Plus reserved within minutes of the launch.  I began in position 32, and I'm now only up to position 30.  The local Rogers store I have arranged pickup at has already started receiving phones to fulfill the first wave of orders...When will I receive my phone, and what was the advantage of pre-ordering?  

Datsyuk
I've Been Here Awhile

Perfectly stated.....and I'm a brand new Rogers customer....and I've already experienced and witnessed every point you've also experienced and observed.  I may have to look at fully cancelling my new account, my phone purchase and look elsewhere.

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions [ Edited ]

there are few here blaming rogers for apple's lack of supply...

but 99% of complaints here are things that can be blamed on rogers solely

like:

• cancelling orders without notice
  • not keeping customers informed of the stock situation and allowing them to assume
  • not keeping rogers staff informed
  • allowing rogers staff to give different answers (that they dream up themselves)
  • having a terrible glitchy pre-registration system
  • not allowing ANY of their staff on the front lines access to look at pre-registrations
  • failure correct things they are responsible for (ie cancellations.. unless u complain you get nothing)
  • not giving customers any idea what to expect (remember rogers is the cell phone company, they have the experiance, they have the knowledge from buying hundreds of thousands..millions? of iphones from apple over the past 8 years (first years wasnt available to rogers)) the customer has zero knowledge in this field.
  • fixing their own mistakes in their system without the need for the customer to complain to get it fixed
  • i could go on forever

99% of all complaints here including my own, are because rogers failed at their customer service, yet again.

1% is apple's attempt at low inventory marketing..

are there people here that want to tell me rogers was caught offgaurd by apple? if so this is the 8th time in a row they've been caught offgaurd.. think they will be caught offguard next year?

gonna go out on the limb here and say.. ya, thats a gimme, of course they will.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
No one is disputing that Rogers got low supplies because Apple obviously didn't send them the quantity that they needed to fill their orders.. But if you were #2 from the START and you know for a fact one person got 4 units, that means there were definitely more then 4 units allocated to Rogers as there are plenty of people with pull and hookups and they wouldn't give the only 4 units the entire company received to one person.. and then for Rogers to not even allocate 1 of these units that they received to their so called reservation line.. It is not unreasonable to be frustrated by this almost a week after launch... and on top of that to be not able to order via the business system for a second phone because there were system issues until a full day after launch... after I advised reps a week ago before launch that I was having issues logging in and then finally a day after launch I'm told "ooops we had the wrong account # associated with you, thats why it didnt work and now we fixed it".. of course by that time I'm waaaay back in the cue.. I guess not Rogers fault again

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
If I was the president of Rogers and I received a very small amount of the most desirable iPhones and I had some key contacts that I was able to give them to. I would have given them to those people. And if you were some rich friend of the Rogers president who got one you wouldn't be handing it back to him and telling him to give it to his customers who reserved a phone in the middle of the night.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jeffyjoe

I am not saying the Rogers Reservation System is great. It has its faults and some users know this from years now. So they shouldn't be surprised to it. While yes Rogers is to blame for the issues they had cancelling the reservationa, causing headaches and issues that is fill blame to them and also staff giving false information is there fault too.

What i am saying is the stock level isn't their fault which some users like to blame Rogers for

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

The fact they are still stuck on Rogers buffels me. Every company does that and it if it's friend or buddy that did it, he could habe asked him to get him one or asked him to ask Rogers how many they had...

The fact is Rogers got barely any units. Yes money talks and yes if ur good friends with the higher ups u will get one.. Shouldn't we be saying about the Apple higher ups as well which do it? Tim Cook has 2 JB units which he said him self in a article and also most CEOs give some devices out to their other management and buddies. Seen this with most launches. Don't know why they are so surprised of this.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
What! Tim Cook has a Jet Black iPhone he kept without selling to the loyal customers who reserved his product in the middle of the night!

#Scandal 😂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Yup he does. My buddy's brother works for their campus and seen him work around with one and the other one is in his office. Plus most of the meetings, most of them either have the Jet Black or the Matte Black model of the Plus.

jas316
I've Been Here Awhile

Saw this morning at 8:00am that the Apple reservation website had 7+ 128gb matte black and even jet blacks in stock for GTA stores (Sherway, Fairview, had them, not sure about others). Was anyone able to reserve? I tried to reserve at Sherway but was not quick enough. Sitting #115 for 7+ 128gb matte black for consumer side reservation.