cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Bbuckles55
I've Been Here Awhile

Im sure they gave them to someone else.

When the 6's launched, we pre-ordered 3x phones with a store. We had a corporate account and were only able to get the phones at specific locations. 

We paid and were told they'd have them on launch day or shortly after. 

The phones arrived, the owner of the store had already promised friends and people that were willing to pay a little more to get their phones.  Most of the reservations coming in under other peoples names were given to different people.

It took us about 2 and a half weeks after launch day to get our "Pre-ordered' phones.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

I sold my unlocked iPhone 6 128gb yesterday for $575 off kijiji and am using an old 5s on ios10 for now.

I received my iPhone 7 128gb JET BLACK that I pre-ordered from Apple, today, and am debating using it as Rogers cancelled my reservation (still waiting for escalation email/phone call)

My Apple Store here doesn't deal with Rogers, but if they can get me a black 7+ then I would switch to telus/bell and get it from them prob way before Rogers can. So whoever can get me my phone quickest will get my business for the next 2 years.

In at 831 down from 1331 for a 7+ black 128. I'm sure the drop is only due to cancelations and not because of phones being shipped out. Rogers is saying November before I'll see it. Might have to switch to Bell and let the Apple Store sell me one sooner.

Anyone know if the call centre has any in stock and if it would be faster to go via them?

Can u elaborate on this? What do you mean your apple store doesn't deal with Rogers? That seems odd. I thought all Apple Stores dealt with all carriers.

I'll have to check that our store deals with Rogers before I try and reserve there I guess.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Why not call in nd ask? I am pretty sure it would take longer or about the same time.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Dimundz88

Cancel it since you already got one from Apple

Doutchie
I Plan to Stick Around

Sheesh again,

I just had a farce of a chat with customer services. (Sorry for the long post)

Me: Can you tell me why my position hasn't changed since Friday.

Him : It's a popular phone, a lot of people are buying the new iPhones.

Me: if a lot of people are buying the phone, then why isn't my position changing? Or is this number just fiction to be able to answer that my phone is coming?

Him: I can confirm that this number is not fictitious. And sorry, I don't have that information.

Me: So, does this "non-fictitious" number mean that I'm 13th in line for the store where I asked the phone to be sent?

Him: It means that you're the 13th to be notified..

Me: Notified?

Him: By email

Me: for when I will receive the phone?

Him : For when it will be available 

Me: So that means that no one in that store received that phone since Friday?

Him: I don't have that information.

Me: But logically, if this "real" number means that I'm 13th in line and that that number hasn't changed, no one has received that phone.

Him: Sorry, I don't have that information.

Me: Man, you guys should present yourself in the next elections, you anwser like politicians! Thanks for this wasted time. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Doutchie

You are #13 for that specific device and model. Not per store and the number is Canada wide using the Rogers Reservation System. Again not the store.

Calling into Rogers or chatting with them to ask why u haven't moved, you won't get that answer as the Rogers Reservation System is a self service. They can not see ur reservations. They can only see them now of the ones that got cancelled and had issues but active ones no.

Doutchie
I Plan to Stick Around
I get that, but, see, what you say about the position is not what he said. He clearly said that the position was for that model/color/capacity for the store where I asked it to be sent. That's why I contacted chat... Everyone I talk to has a different opinion.

Doutchie
I Plan to Stick Around
And if this number didn't move since Friday, that means that no-one got a confirmation across Canada since Friday for the black 7+ 256Gb?

bbiery
I Plan to Stick Around
If Rogers didn't get 10 of each model of phone nation wide that was distributed via other streams I'll eat my shoe.

I've been 8th in line since release day. Now 7th in open status. This reservation system is horrible, not only are there multiple streams (business vs consumer) but I don't think Rogers is adhering to preorders being fulfilled first and leaking phones out through their store locations.

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I did cancel it as I went from #160 in line for Jet black 128gb i7 all the way up to #880 for that model after re-reserving it.  

Never did get that 'escalation' phone call 24-48 hours after they cancelled my phone. 

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
My favorite word is OPEN..

Since day 1, #2 for Jet Black 128GB 7+.. I love Rogers

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it might be important to point out that people who woke up in the middle of the night on 9/9 to pre-order unlocked & outright from Apple... Some of them have delivery dates in mid October... Like a co-worker friend of mine does. A "pre-order" doesn't mean that you'll get a device on launch day, or even within a week of launch day. It means that you have a priority order, but that given stock supplies, it may take some time, just like the people who pre-ordered via Apple as well who have deliveries in Oct/Nov.

I do think something is fishy with the people for a non-Jet Black that were in the top 10 not getting their notifications yet though, and I do agree the cancellation of reservations this year was a collosal "mess" up.

Just some things worth mentioning I think. Apple prioritizes their own company's sales over Rogers sales, and even outright sales directly to them have long wait times... I think it would be fair to expect carrier wait times to be as long as Apple's outright sales wait times, if not longer.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@charlo1108 wrote:
My favorite word is OPEN..

Since day 1, #2 for Jet Black 128GB 7+.. I love Rogers

My Apple Store here in town doesn't even have a Jet Black 7+ to display on it's display table... And they would likely ship one there before sending one to Rogers. Not really Rogers fault on the Jet Black stock issues, but Apple definitely messed up the JB launch.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around

None of the Apple stores have Jet Black on display. And I know for a fact Rogers got at least 4 Jet Blacks 128gb. They just didnt allocate it to the cues.  So yes, it IS Rogers fault.

digitalpirate
I Plan to Stick Around

@charlo1108 wrote:

None of the Apple stores have Jet Black on display. And I know for a fact Rogers got at least 4 Jet Blacks 128gb. They just didnt allocate it to the cues.  So yes, it IS Rogers fault.

The one at Polo Park in Winnipeg has a Jet Black 7+ on display, surprisingly. 

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Speaking about "Escalations" that are promised within 24-48h once the case is escalated. Tomorrow 5PM EST will be the 48h promised to me by the business rep saying that if I do not hear back a manager will call me. Funny thing is that today I received a SMS, yes a handwritten SMS from the rep that spoke to me yesterday about it. He basically said that he will text me again once he receives notification of the escalation and that it should be done shortly... This is the first time someone has reached out to me without me having to call back to request an explanation of what is going on. Maybe a light of hope there...

(For information, I was #57 canada wide for the iPhone 7+ 128gb Matte Black before I was cancelled. I am currently sitting in 480 or so position right now on the NRS)

Lenrage
I've Been Around

Guys....I am number 6 since day 1 for an Iphone 7 Plus Black 256 gig and I havent budged 1 number.  Guess Rogers got really the stiff from Apple