cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

chargersrt10
I'm Here A Lot

2 days in a row with GTA Apple stores having No Stock on any "Plus" models. Seems like there is a shortage of iPhone 7 +'s. Looks like we are all waiting for the next container ship to show up in Port in Vancouver or LA. 

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
I was in the Apple Store yesterday and the iPhone table I was at didn't even have a Jet Black on display. It had 2 sets of matte black and the other colors. Just to give people who are upset at Rogers an idea of supply. Apple didn't even have one out at the table I was at.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Explained this before but got hounded down by some people telling me otherwise.

Either way we know Apple has little to none supply of the JB. So nothing anyone can do.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @chargersrt10

Yeah i went to the Eatons center last night before it closed and didn't even have a display JB of the device in the Plus model.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
My status just changed to SHIPPED/CLOSED. 😀

Looks like there are 3 status changes on the rogersdirect.ca side for those wondering.
1. IN PROGRESS (Pre-Fullfilment)
2. IN PROGRESS (Finalization)
3. SHIPPED /CLOSED.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @wpd1

Glad to see that and enjoy ur phone when it comes!

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Rogers needs to credit my account for going over my 10gigs of data because of refreshing my page to check my status!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @canamera

Hahaha maybe they should!

Dot01
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok then I'll tell you, 4days. Shipped this morning. Delivery next Tuesday, 7+ matte black 128. 😃

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around
@Excuston it's been a week since and in the last chat I had with the agent she told me 3 things written on black and white:

- Escalation has been done on my case, it is on file
- It will take 24-48hours before it takes effect
- If it does not happen, a manager will get in touch with me

I have the interaction ID as well so I'm covered.. next chapter of the story coming soon lol

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi @orangefreddie i think i asked you this before, was this for the JB i7+ mode;?
@orangefreddie wrote:
My status just changed to SHIPPED/CLOSED. 😀

Looks like there are 3 status changes on the rogersdirect.ca side for those wondering.
1. IN PROGRESS (Pre-Fullfilment)
2. IN PROGRESS (Finalization)
3. SHIPPED /CLOSED.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

has there been any movement from anyone that ordered 7+ jet black 128gb?

either consumer side or business/corp side?

any at all?

this is so frustrating, everytime i call i get a different answer, one says there were emails sent out to reps another says there were none sent out. some say you order will be cancelled cause it was reserved on the consumer side for a business line, others said it will be merged, then still some say its the same que, and the next says its a different que..

Rogers customer service SUCKS as far as their knowledge goes

they need to be on the same page with each other, cause im more lost now than i was when this all started

i would also like to add i have called them at least 25 times since Sept 9th and about 5 of 25 have actually tried to help (even if they dont know what there talking about) most just brush u off and say all you can do is wait and call back in a few weeks!

modufour
I Plan to Stick Around

Last week I signed up to get the new iPhone seven jet black. I was in line to get mine at position 464 and then I heard all about the scratches of the jet black iPhone so today I canceled my order and ordered the plain black iPhone seven to find out that now one week after online orders I'm now 41st in line to get my iPhone.

officialbferg1
I Plan to Stick Around

@jeffyjoe wrote:

any at all?

this is so frustrating, everytime i call i get a different answer, one says there were emails sent out to reps another says there were none sent out. some say you order will be cancelled cause it was reserved on the consumer side for a business line, others said it will be merged, then still some say its the same que, and the next says its a different que..

Rogers customer service SUCKS as far as their knowledge goes

they need to be on the same page with each other, cause im more lost now than i was when this all started

i would also like to add i have called them at least 25 times since Sept 9th and about 5 of 25 have actually tried to help (even if they dont know what there talking about) most just brush u off and say all you can do is wait and call back in a few weeks!

Doubtful. I'm #13 in line for the 7+ 128GB JB and I'm still in open. Plus, there's still none available on the Apple website. My friend works at the Apple Store Eaton Centre and they've been a rarity there. 

I think mid-October the earliest, but likely November.

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

@officialbferg1 wrote:

Doubtful. I'm #13 in line for the 7+ 128GB JB and I'm still in open. Plus, there's still none available on the Apple website. My friend works at the Apple Store Eaton Centre and they've been a rarity there. 

I think mid-October the earliest, but likely November.

thank you officialbferg1, ya im position 15 and still open..
that sucks about the wait.

rogers needs to fix their reservation system,, i logged into my account like i have done for years,, (yes its a business account) i went to myrogers, then to device reservation and got a reservation on the consumer side.. no idea why.. for anyone thinking it was a glitch, not so, because i just did it again now.. same procedure got to the part where you enter your CC# for the $40 deposit just like i did on Sept 9th if i get cancelled because of this i will be sooo mad.. i didnt do anything wrong, i used their system and their links in my account, and ive done everything to be proactive to make sure it all gets fixed but no one at rogers knows anything

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Is it Rogers fault for not getting devices exactly?. On the reservation site it clearly shows that may not get i at launch or be the first one to get it. The reservation system is to have a phone in ur name when it becomes available and ship it to thr store for u. Now i do agree it has some flaws but no need to swear on here and start getting mad at something that is beyond Rogers control. They can't be blamed for people not reading before reserving the device and they can't be blamed for not getting device from the manufacturer.

mingo59
I've Been Around

I received confirmation my iPhone 7 was shipped on September 15, and now it is September 20th and haven't received a call from my designated Rogers Store!  How long should I have to wait, or assume they have given it to someone else?

SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

@jeffyjoe wrote:

any at all?

For me, only in terms of cancellations before me. Started at 185 Open on reservation day and now am at 127 Open for the 7+ 128gb JB. If I can end up snagging a Matte Black one from Apple on their reservation system, I may go that route while I wait.

I am at 433 now for my Jet Black i7+. This morning I was 445. Probably just cancellations though 😞

No + of any kind at any Rogers, Best Buy, Wireless Wave or Apple store in my area. It really looks like Apple didn't send ANY 7+ to Canada of ANY colour.

Honestly. Why do they do this?? People want the product. It doesn't make them any more money to sit on it and not give people devices they WANT to pay for (or if you pre ordered through Apple, the devices you've already paid for)

They have enough capital, why not just make the devices so there is enough for people who want them.

BiReL41r
I Plan to Stick Around

Incorrect. Keep your eyes peeled or read through the forums, there have been several 7+'s available all throughout Apple reservation as well as members of this forum receiving them from Rogers.

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Just heard the new iPhones make a hissing sound with certain apps....they're calling it "hissgate"....LOL

They were just talking about it on CP24