cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

foujax
I Plan to Stick Around

In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment) is pretty much like "OPEN" on the consumer side.

In Progress means that you have a phone and they are preparing the usual stuff.

In Progress (Finalized) means that it's pretty close to being ready.

Shipped/Closed means that it's shipped or simply awaiting that UPS truck. At this point they consider this a job well done and you'll get an Email with a tracking number that might need a few hours to work.

Hope it helps.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok... A little confusing, as I would think until they have a device for you... you would just remain open.  No problems... Just trying to understand the status updates.

I am assuming I won't see any changes now before Monday.

Th1ef
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

@bbrennan10101  i dropped out of the jet black in #5 ive given up waiting and after seeing the scrach test i'm concerned. My space grey doesnt have the slightest ding on it after 2 years (in the apple leather case) and i dont feel like babying a phone for the next 2 years even though I would have it in a case i'm worried I would scuff up the bottom trying to connect the lighning cable in the dark.

to all that did choose the jet black you should check the scratch test! the matte pictures provided by apple do not do justice, this is a very deep black in person and doesnt leave finger prints. - you also can barely see the antenna lines.

Anyone interested in getting a non keyt black call Best Buy mobile everyone is going to the carriers and forgetting about these other stores. I walked into best buy an hour before they closed and picked up my matte black and I love it.

@Meowmix thankyou again for your dedication around here I will see you in 2018! (hopefully)

Goodluck to all!

See you @ iPhone 8 launch!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Yeah the statuses for business and corporate customers are different than regular customers reservations. The confusion lays there that's why.

You won't unless they ship it out tomorrow BUT UPS won't pick up until Monday afternoon.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Thanks... In my "reservation spot" it shows "Escalated/Priority" So I am assuming that is a good sign... LOL. The rep I dealt with that took care of my issue said that I would have the phone in my hands by the end of the upcoming week at the latest... So I am putting all of my faith in her... LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Yes it is! Just means they will escalate it as quick as they can.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Scooped my 128gb matte black 7 today at the Apple Store. So far it's pretty good.

Now I just need to cancel my jet black reservation before I forget lol

Good luck to everyone and hope your phones arrive soon. To those that have them, enjoy!

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@orangefreddie was your reservation cancelled? Did you re-reserve and now it is escalated? 

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @orangefreddie @Meowmix nice to be here again lol

I was in the same situation and was assured by a business rep over the phone yesterday that I would be escalated as well and would receive an email about it- however on the rogersdirect.ca status I do not see anywhere that shows my status as escalated? (did not receive any email either)

I called again today to make sure and another business rep told me they saw on my file that I was #57 in line, that my place was not lost bla bla and therefore I would be escalated. She told me to disregard the status online and that I will get a notification when my device is shipped... but should I be concerned that I do not have the same status showing as others who have reported they have been escalated? 😮

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dimundz88 wrote:

@orangefreddie was your reservation cancelled? Did you re-reserve and now it is escalated? 

Yes... That is correct. My consumer reservation was cancelled on Wednesday as I have an Employee Pricing Plan discount on my account... And I had to re-reserve on RogersDirect.ca.

My status on RogersDirect is now as you see above, "In Progress (Pre Fulfillment)" with an "Escalated/Priority" status in the "Reservation Spot" field.

Not sure what it all actually means... But the rep said I would have my phone next week.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

It means they are escalating it for you and it's a prioritized reservation. Some have this status as well. You should have it by next week.

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm assuming that if my reservation spot shows "#512 out of 594" it's safe to say I wasn't escalated like I was told on the phone? 😕

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@xfallen I am not 100% sure if that is true... Hard to say. But one thing seems constant... The messaging that reservation numbers will stay honored from the consumer side to the business side. It is too soon to tell if that is actually true or not, as I am sure Rogers is very backlogged with processing for all of the effected customers.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt for the next business day or two before I would say they are "blowing smoke"... One thing I do know is to make sure that you are getting your Interaction Number that starts with an "I" at the end of the conversation where they commit to you that you are escalated.

xfallen
I Plan to Stick Around
I'll be patient and see if my status changes by monday then! It's possible that because you had a lower reservation number than me you were escalated first. But yes, the rep did give me an interaction number with an I and told me to call back if anything was not as expected.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

You should be covered then... That number refrences your interaction and Rogers' commitments to you... So you have something in your pocket there 😉

Dimundz88
I Plan to Stick Around

@orangefreddie

Same thing happened to me except CSR told me to re-reserve back at the normal device reservation system not 'rogersdirect'?

bbrennan10101
I Plan to Stick Around

I forgot to add, when I picked up my iPhone 7+ from the Rogers store under my reservation, I was given a free sweater too lol.  The sweater is surprisingly really comfortable & fits perfectly haha.  I guess a sweater is equal to making me stay with Rogers hahaha

Ducker
I Plan to Stick Around
@Dimundz88
@orangefreddie
@Anyone who's reservation (corporate plan) was cancelled:

I'm in the same boat.
Originally I was #560 or so for a 128GB matte black plus model.
Received cancellation email Wednesday.
Re-reserved immediately on rogersdirect.ca and was #422 of about 500.
I phoned to confirm all was ok, they assured me that my original spot in line was preserved and then told me my case was escalated (I was skeptical about this "escalated" status because the rep couldn't really explain what that meant in practice).
I received an email Friday morning confirming the escalation status and my status on Rogersdirect is now in "in progress (pre-fulfillment), and my reservation spot is 'Escalated/Priority'.
I was given a confirmation # beginning with "i", and my order # now begins with an "s".

I'm more optimistic now that you (freddie) were told to expect yours next week...that's encouraging. However I'm still hoping to grab one via Reserve & Pickup on apple.com.
Can anyone confirm that an account with a corporate plan can NOT use the reserve & pickup system to upgrade? I'm hoping I can if I get lucky enough to snag one when the system goes live again.

Thanks all, and GOOD LUCK!

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around
Wow... I was #129 and you were #560 for the same device, size and color. Now we both have the same status. I'd say you did well 👍🏻

Jet63
I'm Here A Lot

Just saw this on kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/ottawa/iphone-7-plus/1200178203?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Not sure if it's a scam, stolen or fake lol. I'm tempted to go to the ACC and see what he says, because it definitely looks too good to be true. Also, since there are apparently no Jet Black iPhones in Canada, it definitely should be fake. Still seems odd he's willing to meet...

defina33
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

I bought my iPhone 7 32gb black online 3 days ago and supposed to ship to my house but it says it'll take 2-4 weeks to deliver. Is this true? Or will it be even longer?