cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @johnson441

Yes that's how it sometimes goes. The statues changed to IN PROGRESS last night and then SHIPPED tonight

Wallet
I Plan to Stick Around
@orangefreddie

I'm with you. Been a Rogers wireless customer for 15 years also. Both my lines are elidgable for upgrade. Maybe it's time to take my numbers elsewhere.

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a feeling I won't be getting mine by Friday unless the status changes tonight; i7 Plus 256GB Silver. Still OPEN as I type this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nauthier

I wonder if they get them tomorrow and ship them out without changing the status ( they did this last year to many last minute) or wait until Saturday / Monday delivery.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you all enjoy your Launch Day phones! I will let you all know if Rogers is able to "make things right" for me. Have a good night and Congrats to everyone who is "SHIPPED".

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Hopefully they can help you out! Goodnight!

cdcd3
I Plan to Stick Around
7 RG 128 status shipped as of 6 pm tonight.

Sun0893
I've Been Here Awhile
I have a Corp side reservation, iphone7 + Matt black. Just wondering how to check states from web? Thx

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm wondering the same thing, as it seems I cannot log into rogersdirect.ca and it does not recognize my username or email for a password reset. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Sun0893

Have you logged into the Rogers business website you used to reserve the device or check ur bill 1

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Hmm i wonder if it's down due to the email everyone got? I don't know. Haven't heard anything about this yet.

I have jumped spot from 918 to 630 today, maybe they will be sending first 400 phones by friday or something. I placed an order for iphone 7 plus 128 gb, black. 

Sun0893
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for replying so quick . I can login that web but I did not see resevation function. I called in to reserved mine

For what it's worth... One of the managers I spoke to today said they are expecting much larger incoming stock volumes than previous iPhone launches...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

The managers don't know that information unless they have concrete information which most don't. They tend to say that to customers to calm them down and stop asking. Same was said to me last year a day before the launch and barely anything came.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lean_mean_machi

All depends of Apple is willing to send that many to Rogers for that specific model. We shall see though. Hopefully everyone gets theirs by atleast mid next week if they have high numbers but i wouldn't be surprised if it's a long wait.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @orangefreddie

The managers don't know that information unless they have concrete information which most don't. They tend to say that to customers to calm them down and stop asking. Same was said to me last year a day before the launch and barely anything came.

I had a hunch it was said to try and appease me... That was why I put "For what its worth"... LOL. I am on the phone with Business Support now... Getting much more satisfactory assistance right now... Still trying to sort things out, but I have a great agent.

foujax
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, as I saw some of you having your reservations cancelled because of that business account "confusion", since I got a "Public service employee" rebate, I asked what's happening with my account.

Well, I just learned that I got tagged as a business client. So it looks like I'll get my reservation cancelled pretty soon.

So I decided to make a new reservation in advance with rogersdirect. And like you said, trying to log back in is a pain in the "derrière". The "lost password" system was also useless. I was able to correctly reset my password with Edge. The official browser support is abysmal.

So yeah... I'm #7 for a i7 jet black 128gb (general system) and #439 for a i7 matte black 128gb (rogersdirect). The first to get processed wins.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Most if not all managers and reps have no idea what the stock level is or how many units come in. They have no clue and aren't told this information. That why when they do a upgrade over the phone, it shows "IN STOCK" and "NO STOCK". Sometimes it says "LOW STOCK". Unless they changed it within the past month which i doubt it.

Hopefully this agent can help u get what u want and need.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL... The race is on... But I "re-reserved" 5 hours ago and got 449... How are you below me... LOL. 

Most bizzare launch ever 😄

Ducker
I Plan to Stick Around

Well that upsets me, because I was in the 400s for the same model until this afternoon when I received the business line email. Now I'm 422 in the business line.