cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Traviscrazy83

Oh wow that's crazy. I want to know what is going on and how this is happening.

At least you are #100... I got #443 via the business portal on 7+ 128 Black Smiley Mad

@orangefreddie wrote:

At least you are #100... I got #443 via the business portal on 7+ 128 Black Smiley Mad

There is no love for the Gold models - maybe it will work out to my advantage!!

Traviscrazy83
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Traviscrazy83

Oh wow that's crazy. I want to know what is going on and how this is happening.

I guess I'm just supposed to wait for it to arrive at the house. No need to pickup at a store.

The rep switched me from my current 'No Tab' plan, to a 'Premium Tab', so the device price was $679. I had a choice to go down to $400-something, but it meant a more expensive monthly charge.

I've already sold my 6+ for $300, so I don't mind the higher up-front cost.

@orangefreddie wrote:

I am on hold with rogers support. Seems the problem is with the EPP accounts. He is seeing "What they can do". I will be cancelling my account and leaving Rogers if there is nothing they can do. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

I didnt have a corporate account and my order got cancelled.no. 2 and no. 7 . I had those two numbers on the list.

Just got a call back from BUsiness services line saying that they would honour the original numbers and they will put us back in the front of the line due to this error happening.

This s such a mess. I dont understand why Rogers cannot get their reservation system to work better given what a mess it is every year.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor
My jet black moved to #86....ITS HAPPENING!!!!

jk it's been at 86 for 2 days. Glad I'm going through Apple.

Arianny
I Plan to Stick Around

For those who have ordered a Black iPhone: please, please, PLEASE be more specific about which one - Jet Black or Matte Black when mentioning your change in status.

Mine is still at 192 and has been for some time, and in open status for the 128GB JB model. I'm going to assume that those who've had their status change to in progress are mostly all Matte Black ones.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

I knew you would have done that Lol. U did it last year too hahaha

Arianny
I Plan to Stick Around

N/m

nasa25
@meowix

lol

Ok, off the phone now.

Official message from a manager at Rogers to me... They are aware of the issue and they are NOT able to do anything about the previous reservation. Your consumer reservation number will NOT be reinstated, and they will not be providing ANY compensation to try and retain the business of affected clients.

I will be seeking a device reservation via the Apple Store on a New Activation via a different carrier. After 15 years of being a loyal Rogers customer I will finally be leaving. I was told by the representative that Rogers is not prepared to do anything in an attempt to retain my business whatsoever. If that is the case... then Goodbye Rogers. I'm disappointed in them to be honest. Guess I have a long wait for my new phone now... Enjoy those iPhone 7s all of you. I have some waiting to do 😞

nasa25
@Arianny

It's black or jet black. Matte black is just called black

nasa25
@orangefreddie and sarahhenderson

That really sucks. Perhaps one of the Rogers mods can help you out. They've been good to me in the past.

Dbkdbk
I Plan to Stick Around

I had great movement today on my 7+ 128gb black from 165 to 32 but my gut tells me that might be it for +'S today on the first wave to be here for Friday.

Your thoughts @Meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @orangefreddie

Oh no :(. That's no good at all :(. I wish i could help somehow

mailu1st
I Plan to Stick Around

@orangefreddie

wow surprising to me that Rogers would do nothing to try to keep a 15 year customer...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Dbkdbk

Most likely and the rest will either come tomorrow or Friday for Saturday / Monday Delivery.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mailu1st and @orangefreddie

It all depends on each rep I noticed. Out of 5 reps only 1-2 reps will help. The rest won't

Dbkdbk
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix do you really think the 2nd wave will be that quick?

On a side note, I am a 45 year old business development exec. and I have been with Rogers since the beginning of the Cantel days....but my wife thinks I am a 10 year old child for checking my status on Rogers every 5 minutes 😉

Duende92
I've Been Here Awhile

Two reservations moved up (quite a lot) today.

Both are iPhone 7+ 128GB Black (Matte). One went from #549 to #358 and another from around #350 to #154. I'm guessing this is the first batch for Friday's release.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @mailu1st and @orangefreddie

It all depends on each rep I noticed. Out of 5 reps only 1-2 reps will help. The rest won't

If there is a Rogers employee here that can help me in some way, I would be happy to talk to them... I will hang out here for a while still to see if Rogers wants my business. But I think there is nothing they have the power to do to get me a phone in a timely fashion... I will be sad to leave after so many years... Oh well. Easy come easy go I guess.

I'll tag @RogersRoland and see if I get a reply, @Meowmix feel free to tag any others who might be able to help. If I don't get a reply here in the next day or two... And if there truely is nothing Rogers can do... then a 15 Year customer who has never had one late payment will be gone. 😞