cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Apple announces their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce That Apple this afternoon announced the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus !. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including water resistant and most of all, new cameras and also including new chips and memory!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; IPhone 7 / 7 Plus in any color and Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*
3,032 REPLIES 3,032

Re: Apple IPhone 7 / 7 Plus Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ragu13

Haha you are trolling :). Of course anyone would be excited and happy 🙂

kkk777
I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13

You know, everything was fine up until they did a softwear update in June ... and it screwed up the entire phone .. glitching, batterlife lasts like 30 min .. it freezes .. called samsung and said the update did it to a bunch of phones and there is nothing they can do until a patch is created ... that was 3 months ago and still no patch .. really ticked me off so I am out ... back to Apple

jkanaris
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure why all the fuss over the Jet Black and Matte Black. A bumper case will make it look like all other black iPhones. I'm tired of it myself, which is why I got white/gold this time.

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

@kkk777

That really is too bad that they can't do anything for you...and after 3 months I'd be pulling my hair out.

Most of my friends live by the Samsung sword, always complaining about customer service, phone performance, etc. but won't switch...don't want to join the "Apple sheeple" category they always tell me lol

Here's to hoping this one works out better for you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jkanaris

New color, new look for the iPhone I guess is what others say right. That's why and many went for that one instead. Just like when Rose Gold came out.

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@jkanaris wrote:

Not sure why all the fuss over the Jet Black and Matte Black. A bumper case will make it look like all other black iPhones. I'm tired of it myself, which is why I got white/gold this time.

I couldn't handle the white glass front... So I had to go Matte Black. 

Auxbone
I've Been Here Awhile
Ye. For some reason the white makes the phone look bigger to me. I've had the black 6+ for 2 years and still everytime someone pulls out a white 6+ it's like . , is my phone really that big?

jeffyjoe
I Plan to Stick Around

getting the I7 plus 128 jet black.. im currently #16 on business account

i think the reservation lines are different, i got it at 8 am est friday morning however reading the posts in these threads some got it at 7am and were much higher numbers for this same phone

you say in the first thread business accounts are different than consumer accounts when it comes to pre-reserving..

but on this post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/message-id/44848#M...

he got consecutive numbers (38 & 39) by reserving on a consumer account and a business account for the same phone

that implies they are the same Quewe or a huge coincedence of reservation numbers

so now im not sure

and if there different business account reservations would be a lot less than consumer accounts so 16 in my case may not be all that good 😐

kkk777
I Plan to Stick Around
They got to be different ... I reserved at 6:01am EST Friday morning on a consumer account and I am #23

djn18
I Plan to Stick Around

I am now 217 at Rogers for a Black (not Jet) iPhone 7 128GB.  Pick up.

At Apple I have a reservation for the same phone and 9-9:30AM slot for pick up.

Should I just cancel the Rogers reservation?  Any advantage at all to picking up at Rogers and not even guaranteed to be there on launch date?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @djn18

Keep both until the launch date. This way u have one or the other as a back up. If u get the device from Apple and u go home and notice that ur reservation is still OPEN status, cancel it. Nothing else

johnson441
I Plan to Stick Around

I was very very fortunate to get #1 position for the IP7+ Jet Black, 128GB, im traveling on Saturday morning so I hope everything goes as planned for launch day...

I'll update everyone if my 'OPEN' status has changed within the week...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @johnson441

Hopefully you get it at launch an enjoy it on ur trip!

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Still shows "Open" in #2 spot for a 32gig silver plus.

I'll check again tomorrow.

Ducker
I Plan to Stick Around
Is is just me, or does this forum seem way more quiet than previous launches?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @canamera

I should change tomorrow or Wednesday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Ducker

Thats most likely due to many either buying it from Samsung or waiting until the hype is over. Also most likely due to the next year's model is the 10th anniversary so thy might wait for that one.

Ducker
I Plan to Stick Around
So based on those arguments, you're assuming the demand for this generation iPhone is lower than previous?
I figure myself to be a pretty typical iPhone addict...been using since '08, renew every 2yrs...and this time I'm as giddy as ever to get my hands on a new phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Ducker

Most are holding off until next year. That is what i am doing. A different color and adding another camera and waterproofing won't make me and many change unless they dramatically change the whole device which is tipped to have on the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. We shall see. Eveyone is different right so 🙂

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
I'm with @Meowmix on waiting till next year to upgrade myself. I'm sure apple will be releasing an extra special 10th anniversary iPhone, and I'll be getting one for myself, and the wife.

This year I'm just getting my daughter the 7+ that I promised her since last year if she kept up her grades, (she's still on a 5c). I can't wait to see the smile on her face When she sees her band new silver+.... I haven't told her she's getting it, I keep telling her it'll be impossible to get it at launch, so she is not expecting it right now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @canamera

Exactly that's how I am as well.

Aww that's cute. I can't wait to have my own daughter one day to do that lol