Anyplave TV no longer accessible n mobile devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyplave TV no longer accessible n mobile devices

I used to be able to able to access the rogersondemand.com/mobile website on both my Playbook and BB10 device but alas now it says it's not supported and that I had to use a PC or pay $5 a month to access these shows I pay for and previously could watch on my devices. So no mobile access without paying even more??? This is beyond unacceptable.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplave TV no longer accessible n mobile devices

Depending on what technology is used on the webpage to play the video (IE: flash or something like that)... not all browswers, especially MOBILE based ones, will always be able to run them.
They are designed to be run primarilly on a PC.. if the do/did work on another browser, that is a bonus.

As for the app... while i dont have a BB so can not confirm...i would ASSUME its the same then as the iphone and other apps.. where they have done a consolidation.

IF the blackberry app, is the SAME as the iphone app... then the $5 is ONLY if you choose to subscribe to be able to watch the LIVE TV portions.

On mine on the iphone.. you have your regular RoD stuff.. then a live TV section, etc.
In the settings, there is a spot ,where you must SUBSCRIBE (the $5) to get the live TV stuff to work.   Still able to access the RoD stuff without a problem free of charge.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's not an issue with playing the videos.  The entire site has been blocked from all mobile devices (confirmed not working on Blackberry and iPhone).  As soon as you open the site that used to work fine you get "Thank you for your interest in Rogers Anyplace TV.  Unfortunately, we do not currently support your device..."

To reiterate, this site worked fine last year on my OLD Playbook and my new BB10 device.  Now it doesn't work on any.  Having to use apps for basic video streaming is silly.  It a site works on a PC, it should work on a BB since it supports flash etc. 

Why did they change it when it worked perfectly fine without the need for an app?

I Plan to Stick Around

I downloaded the Rogers Anyplace TV Live (that's the only one available) and it's only live TV and only TSN etc.  NO ROD content.  How do I watch on demand on a mobile device?  This is ridiculous.

I Plan to Stick Around

The Android version has shows on it except you try and watch a video and it crashes.  Why the can't I not just use the website that worked perfectly before?  Good job Rogers.  Nice.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, guess the BB app is a little different. 
The android/iOS one does the the ROD with it.

Android app here works fine for me... but it could varry from device to device, as well as OS version.

IOS is working as well.

Unfortunately without talking to a dev we may never know.  Its possible that the site was having issues with some other mobile browsers, etc.. so they removed the ability.

Hopefully they will add a regular RoD app for the BB as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why do we need an app????  They had a perfectly working website that could be accessed by all devices so they disable mobile users from accessing it then force them to download and use an app.  This is why I do not like Apple.  What's with all the apps?  Why not design things in HTML5 and if you're on a PC, you get the PC version of the website, if you're mobile, you get the mobile version.  No apps, no fuss. 

Having to download an app for everything you ever need to do on a device is ridiculous.  You're going to end up with 50 apps. 

Why can't Rogers just allow mobile access on their own website!  This is ridiculous.