Anyplace TV Mobile says I am not a Rogers customer?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyplace TV Mobile says I am not a Rogers customer?

Hi folks,

Just looking for a solution here. I'm trying to use the Rogers Anyplace TV mobile app on my iPhone 4S, however I'm greeted with a message that says the app is only available to Rogers Wireless customers.

Understandable... The only problem is, I am a Rogers Wireless customer. I am connected to the Rogers network (not WiFi) and have been a customer for many years. I've pulled out and reinserted my SIM card, done soft and hard resets of my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, and even restored the iOS software all with no success in removing this error.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? To be clear, I'm not even able to get to the sign in page. Immediately upon opening the app I get a message telling me that the app is only available to Rogers Wireless customers and upon hitting OK it closes the app.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV Mobile says I am not a Rogers customer?

I'd recommend taking the phone into a Rogers Plus store (or whatever Rogers store is near you that handles phones), and have them check it out. The Sales Rep can check your account online & call in while you're there. Also, in my experience, you have a better chance of getting a replacement SIM at no cost if you go in person. Just make sure you are nice & polite to the Rep. No one likes being glared & screamed at. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Strange. Not sure if this is possible, but have you tried to take your SIM and insert it in a friends or family members iPhone and try downloading the app to see if you get the same problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried this today on my fiancé's iPhone and unfortunately got the same error.

Is there anything else you might recommend? Thank you for the support!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. that you swaped the sims.. and got the same message.. makes it seem, that its account/sim related.. and not PHONE.

I wonder if getting a new sim at all, MIGHT help?  Might be worth a shot... but i would call them up, and see if you can finagle them giving you a free sim card to try it with (rather than paying)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd recommend taking the phone into a Rogers Plus store (or whatever Rogers store is near you that handles phones), and have them check it out. The Sales Rep can check your account online & call in while you're there. Also, in my experience, you have a better chance of getting a replacement SIM at no cost if you go in person. Just make sure you are nice & polite to the Rep. No one likes being glared & screamed at. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post