Anyplace TV Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersTony

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition

Hello @jack_,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃 

Being able to use the Anyplace TV App on your mobile devices is one of the best features of our cable service so I definitely want to ensure we get this working for you. The Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition App is being replaced by the Rogers Anyplace TV App (non-home edition). It's been totally redesigned with more Live TV channels than ever before.

The only thing it hasn't got yet is the Remote PVR manager, you will still need to use the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition App for that but it will be added to the new Anyplace TV App soon. Give this a shot and let us know how it goes for you, you will need to login to unlock the Live TV channels that you subscribe to.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition App was discontinued today and no longer works....  now what

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you mean "discontinued"?

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

not working

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

Indeed (just checked - server not responding).   Lets see what support has to say.

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

No response from Tech Support Chat line in 5 minutes

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

Agree its not currently working.  What leads you to say its discontinued (as opposed to server maintenance of some kind)?

klake
I Plan to Stick Around

I started getting the 806 error yesterday as well saying there was either a problem with my internet connection or the server could not be reached.  My internet was working as I tried the newer Anyplace TV app & it worked just fine.  However, I have an older ipad mini so it runs very slow compared to the Home Edition app that worked perfectly fine up until Friday night.  I wish Rogers would continue this app for those of us who haven't yet upgraded our tablets.

RichardF
I Plan to Stick Around

According to Rogers tech it's an outage they are working on not discontinuation.  

08:30:36 AM [Claude] Thanks for your patience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but I can see that there is a known service outage reported for AnyplaceTV affecting all customers, but I can assure you that we currently have our network technicians on-site working to restore service as quickly as possible. I will escalate a tracking ticket to ensure your account is noted and associated to the known issue. Did you want us to contact you with a text, e-mail or automated phone call once the issue has been addressed or if there are any status updates? If yes, which contact method would be preferred?

klake
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the information RichardF...good to know they aren't discontinuing the app.

@RichardF wrote:

According to Rogers tech it's an outage they are working on not discontinuation.  

08:30:36 AM [Claude] Thanks for your patience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but I can see that there is a known service outage reported for AnyplaceTV affecting all customers, but I can assure you that we currently have our network technicians on-site working to restore service as quickly as possible. I will escalate a tracking ticket to ensure your account is noted and associated to the known issue. Did you want us to contact you with a text, e-mail or automated phone call once the issue has been addressed or if there are any status updates? If yes, which contact method would be preferred?