Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

I have an htc One m8 running Lollipop 5.0.1 - had problems last night "loading channel list" (stuck forever) but was able to login this morning and perform some basic task - working. 

I really hope hope the forthcoming Marshmallow update doesn't brick the app again!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

No doubt with the next Android update it will take Rogers a year to get the app working again.

They updated the app again a day ago.  Still has bugs.

One is that I have two PVR's.  When you select PVR, then look for Recorded programs, ALL the programs show under BOTH PVR's. not JUST on the one they are actually recorded on (I have Whole Home PVR, so no doubt they forgot to code for that).

I've Been Here Awhile

This app does not work on my blackberry priv running lollipop 5.1.1.  It won't even let me log in and gives me an error message when I enter my correct user name and password.  Totally useless.

I've Been Around

The App has simply stopped working...Period. I have a Nextbox 3 and a valid Rogers TV and Internet package. I have tried this app on serveral different phones and tablets with different version of Android and in every case the app has failed, not worse today than every before. It will not even login at all. Rogers is failing big time and I'm about to cancel my service and switch to a provide that can accually deliver. NOT IMPRESSED.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like the app is failing today (Feb 14, 2016) When I launch it, it gives the

Error

The login of password entered does not match our records.....

I know my username and password are correct.

Why does this happen every once in a while? Bad coding? Bad connectivity to the servers? I don't get it.

Allan

I'm a Senior Advisor

@allanp I'm having exactly the same problem with my LG phone running Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). It worked at one time, but now gives that error no matter how many times I try with my correct login and password. After 3 failures I'm locked out of Rogers on all my devices and have to call or live chat Rogers to reset it, which is a pain. It's doubly difficult on this phone anyway because the "keyboard" hides the password field.  I've given up trying to access Anyplace TV Home Edition on my phone anymore, but it works fine on 2 other Android tablets and my Windows 7 laptop.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop 5.1.1.

It was working on Friday. I used it to schedule a future recording.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried logging into Home Edition on both my Android tablet and iPhone and both are giving error messages saying login and password not recognized. I have successfully logeed into both these devices before without issue. The login I'm using is correct.

I Plan to Stick Around

same issue for me too

says "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try signing in again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience." for me

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Jaymeister keep trying, but not to the point where you get locked out. In my experience, no app, or the Rogers website, is 100% reliable.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario