Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Rogers Home Edition crashes on downloading the channel list on Samsung S5.

It is really not professional to release apps which do not function at all ... it is not a matter that a specific feature doesn't work, basically the Rogers Anyplace Home Edition on Android doesn't work at all on Samsung S5 Android version 5.1.1

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

It's not crashing on my Windows 7 laptop using Firefox, but is acting weird. It comes up "STB not available" and the grid does not show my scheduled recordings. However, when I schedule a new recording from the grid, it works, and then my other scheduled recordings appear too. However, it continues to say "STB not available".

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't know there was an anyplace tv home edition app for Windows 10...  I cannot find it anywhere myself.  Also, The Android Version still doesnt work.  Rogers is there any ETA on a fix?  First Week of November is no longer valid apparently...

I Plan to Stick Around

Well well well.... here we are with still no progress on this issue.

I guess Rogers spent all their (our) money on sports franchises and have nothing left over to support a simple little app.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I said Windows 7, not 10 (shudder). It's not an "app" but a web page. Go to www.rogersondemand.com and click MANAGE PVR in the red menu bar at the top.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers doesn't care people. It's obvious they really don't. For some reason this works on my S4 OS 5.0.1 but acts up on my wifes. Exact same phone and OS.  I can't explain it, but figures as she is the one that wants it. I can live without it.  Anyways, like I said, it's obvious they don't care. 

I Plan to Stick Around

How about "we don't care to pay our monthly cable bill"......

I Plan to Stick Around

Will we ever get the ANDROID 5 version of this App? I think even ROGERS should be able to provide this in 6 months. Perhaps I am being overly  optermistic!

I Plan to Stick Around

A Rogers Product Manager who was online on Monday answering questions here indicated that there would be a fix in mid December...  Take that for what it's worth of course. 

It is unfortunate that Rogers has this captive group of people on these forums who report issues (and in theory are advanced users of their products) but yet they don't ask us for help in testing these new or fixed products.  Maybe people would be less infuriated if they were communicated with or better still involved in the solution.

I Plan to Stick Around

I believe they would be buisness parteners with Google and Apple when developing the apps.

Total miss-management of the situation. They would have known well in advance that the OS for these platforms would be changing.