We are happy to announce the following “Rogers AnyPlace TV Home Edition” apps are now live in market and supporting Android 5.x (Lollipop):
Anyplace TV Home Mobile (ON)
Anyplace TV Home Tablet (ON)
Rogers Live TV Tablet (ATL)
We thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this. Feel free to comment below should you need any assistance
So far so good, Android 5.1 Moto G.
Next time don't take so long and keep people updated on a regular basis.
Thanks for your efforts.
This has to be right up there with ONE of the longest tickets open in Rogers history.
Let's hope SOMEONE reviews this and realizes just how unnacceptable it is to keep people in the dark for so long.
I've had a ticket concerning a TV problem open for over 6 months and will probably keep receiving "An important message from Rogers" about it until doomsday. The problem went away within days, but clearly Rogers never looked into it. It's more trouble for me to wait on the phone to get it cancelled.
Great, you finally update it, and as usual it's full of bugs and lousy design choices.
In the first 5 minutes with this updated version I found:
- It wouldn't run from my Android 4.4.2 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (app kept closing after login - while loading Channel list)
Had to uninstall & reinstall (with a reboot between, just to be safe - may not have been necessary) to get it to run.
- On the Login page for Username & Password I have logged in at least 5 times, with the Remember Me box checked. It does NOT remember the Username or Password and I have to key it every single time.
- First test I did was to try and extend the end time of my 3:37am series recording of Late Night on my Nextbox 2. It appeared to show the change on the phone, I clicked Modify, it tells me I already have it scheduled. I go and check my Nextbox 2 and it has DELETED THE SERIES RECORDING for the program.
- If you display the Scheduled Recordings on a PVR, sorted by DATE, it shows the furthest out scheduled recording (December 2 right now for me) at the TOP of the list, and you have to scroll all the way to the BOTTOM of the list to check on the closest (date/time) scheduled recording. EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT ANY NORMAL HUMAN WOULD WANT - as you would most likely want to check that the closest scheduled recordings are showing correctly.
(Yes, the Sort options shows one that says "Sort from the newest to oldest recording" - but for SCHEDULED recordings there should be a "Sort from the nearest to farthest scheduled recording" and that should be the default)
It seems, as usual, no one at Rogers thought about ALL the uses of the application and failed to realize you'd likely want a different sort sequence for Recorded Programs than you want for Scheduled Recordings. Also, as usual for Rogers, apparently no one who actually USES the App and Nextbox PVR's has been recruited to actually TEST the app.
- After scrolling to the BOTTOM of the list of Scheduled Recordings for my Nextbox 3 I see 10 "scheduled" recordings for as far back as 10pm Nov 26. For my Nextbox 2 I see 27 "scheduled" recordings in the past, for as far back as 11pm Nov 25. Current date/time is Nov 27 2:45pm. So WHY are they showing as "Scheduled" recordings?
This seems absolutely typical of Rogers software.
COMPLETELY INADEQUATE TESTING AND FULL OF BUGS !
I've installed this on Nexus 7 2013 running 6.0and on LG G3 running 5.0.1 and done some basic stuff, and it appears to be working properly now.
Thanks for finally getting this updated Rogers. You definitely need to work on your cycle time for these issues.