Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

This is getting ridiculous and smells like Rogers does not care about their customers using Android phones. Is Rogers preference now to sell more non-android phones? Why are they ignoring this problem? I might have to start ignoring Rogers and give Bell a try if this continues much longer.

I got so used to recording shows whenever I felt like it from wherever I was. I didn't need to go home and physically use my PVR. Now Rogers has stripped me of this feature. Can I get a discount on my bill until this problem is resolved? Will it ever be resolved?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

I think it's time to take this to Social Media (twitter perhaps?)

I've noticed they respond quite a bit better when you call them out publically....

Signature goes here
I'm Here A Lot

I like your thinking silentbob!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've just been informed that the Rogers Anyplace TV app is being replaced with a new one?

It's been since months since I got my new phone with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and been unable to use the app.

How much longer is this going to take?

It's annoying not being able to record my shows unless I am home. I am on the road a lot, and since Rogers removed the ability to do this on the website, this has been my only functionality.

Getting seriously tired of waiting for this.

I Plan to Stick Around

In 45 minutes with Rogers, to finally speak to someone who can speak to someone who apparently knows what's going on, and their only reply is "They are aware of the problem, and they are working to fix this, there is no ETA"

6 MONTHS PEOPLE.... seriously??

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Asif, i really appreciate your response, but forgive me if i don't actually believe that it's currently being worked on, as this isn't a complex issue from a developer standpoint. Lolipop has been out for pretty much 7+ months, and this problem has existsed for that amount of time. Considering also that the app has been updated only once since 2013 and when it was, the problem was not fixed, nor did they release what they actually updated on google play site, so i as a very long time customer have lost faith in the app developers for Rogers, in my app development experience. a new app can be completely redesigned from the ground up, tested and released in that amount of time, usually much less, and this is a server side issue that's simply not recognizing the OS version. Anyway, as it goes right now, it appears that Android will be releasing another upgrade before this app is fixed. I'm also positive that if this problem as affecting iphone customers, this would be fixed already. the fact remains that Android users on Rogers system are the last to be served. Rogers may be "aware" of this issue, but they are definitely not working on it.

Its rather sad that a tech company that is this large and has so many resources at their disposal has such poor and slow app development team...  

Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hello everyone,

We apologize for the frustration caused by the incompatibility issues between OS Lollipop 5.0 or higher and the Rogers Any Place TV Home Edition App.

We are working to resolve this concern as soon as possible and hope to deploy a fix in the very near future pending the outcome of testing.

Please stay tuned for more updates. 

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the update Adam, but can you give us a better idea as to what the "very near future" is?  Are we talking days or weeks?

Retired Moderator RogersAdam
Retired Moderator

Hey 

It's my understanding that the fix is currently being tested, so it it will be Soon(TM) Smiley Tongue

I'm sorry I don't have an exact date to give you just yet.

I'm Here A Lot

Wasn't asking for an exact date. Just an idea of what soon meant. Like a few days/weeks away sort of thing.