Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Well i've lost access to my clock app. I get the dreaded app stopped working error, and my rogers home edition app to control my pvr will no longer let me sign in. Any suggestions? "Already did a factory reset (3 times), Uninstaller and reinstalled, cleared caches, all to no avail.

I'm not liking lollipop

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Another not working phone. Samsung Note 3 after the Lollipop upgrade the Home Edition App stopped working. Also I used to be able to program my pvrs through the rogers werbsite but this seems to have disappeared as well. 

I'm Here A Lot

So I've read some posts from as far back as November last year that Anyplace TV doesn't work on Lolipop.  That's 5 months. You could almost write a new program in 5 months. How come we haven't seen a fix yet?

I Plan to Stick Around

I updated to Android 5 yesterday and now my Home Edition app doesn't work - I've tried many times with my normal credentials (which work on WIndows).  There is no error code - the login fails immediately, almost as if the server can't be reached.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Correct. The Rogers Home Edition apps and Anyplace TV apps no longer work with the latest version of Android. To top it off, functions like managing your PVR have also been removed from the MyRogers website. So currently, unless you have an apple device, you and me and many others are now up a creek without a paddle! When there will be a fix for these issues is anybody's guess - including Rogers!

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Well essentially you can use the top drop down menu/drawer to have speaker icon set there.

I use that now to quickly cycle through Volume / Vibrate / Mute by tapping on it.

Volume Key to me is becoming gimicky to me (I press it once and ususally slide to desired level rather than press the hard key multiple times).

I still have no luck with the App. I actually wasn't aware I could do it on MyRogers either.

So I wait for proper updates.

*twiddles with thumbs*

I've Been Here Awhile

Well to anyone hoping that there will be a fix, you may as well forget it, Rogers hasn't even updated this app in 2 years (28th of June 2013), it's obviously not a priority and likely not even being worked on/updated, they obviously don't care much about it their android users if at all, so don't hold your breath on waiting for an update, it's unlikely you'll see one coming for this app in the near future. I'm sure the moderators (who seem very nice here, so no offence) will tell you the standard replies "we'll pass it on and update you if we hear anything" which really means "we don't have a clue, we don't know who to talk to, and if we did, they wouldn't give us a straight up answer anyway. So we'll offer you our best, safest, most politically correct answer."...  I used to use this app a lot, it was super helpful when i was on the road and wanted to record something... now... nothing doing unless i get a non lollipop device to access it. As a loyal customer of 15+ years , this is very frustrating and a little disappointing...

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @batmanuel

Welcome to the Community!

I assure you that the appropriate teams at Rogers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.

Being an Android user myself, I understand the frustration as I haven't been able to use the app on my Note 3Smiley Sad.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

I had an open ticket about this with technical support since January. It is now May 26th.

I pay 'how much' for this "service"?

This is getting a little stupid at this point.

I've Been Around

I have an android device with Android 5.1.1 and it hasn't worked since the update to android 5.0 ... Was a great app before that. What's up with getting this fixed?