Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

Hello windiesflyer,

I still cannot log in using my htc One m8 running Lollipop.  Rogers needs to address this problem soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Username/Password Issue

still wont work for me too its been weeks and i just keep getting messages that they're working on it.

I've Been Around

It is now April 10th. 

Has there been any Rogers response to this issue of HTC not able to launch Rogers Home edition app since lollipop install?

Alan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last i saw, was something on twitter about it.. was quite a while ago. 

Apparently its pretty much a lolipop & the app issue PERIOD.. doesnt seem to matter the device make/model in most cases..

That they were working with android/google on it... but havent heard anything since.   Maybe they cant still figure it out. Smiley Sad

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

After the Update of Android Lollipop 5.0 on my Note 3.

I can't access AnyPlace TV Home Edition.

It keeps telling me my password or username is incorrect.

Which it isn't. Since I can logg in here or any other apps for that matter.

Anyone know if its an OS Update issue?

I have already uninstalled (cleared cache as well) and reinstalled app. Power cycled phone as well just in case.

I have tried over Wifi and LTE network as well.

Any Tips? Smiley Indifferent

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi Community

Same thing on my personal Note 3Smiley Sad

Rogers is aware of the issue but unfortunately there isn't an ETA on the fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If more information becomes available I will be sure to share with the Community.

RogersAsif

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@RogersAsif Thanks for label edit. I had no idea what i was doing there. Ha.

But yea, I am not upset about it that much...

I am still figuring out things...

Lollipop doesn't have the Mute/Viberate/Sound Hotkey Button when you hold the power button anymore.

:/

Updates are evil. EVIL!

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@ShakTiburon 

Yes i noticed this as well, I used to really like that feature. It was how I would turn my device on silent. Now I have to use the volume key and keep pressing down until it turns the phone on silent Smiley Sad

But overall, Im really loving Lollipop! things seem more swift and responsive.

RogersAsif

I've Been Around

i have the same issue on my note 4....i love my note 4 but i just updated to lollipop and liking the operating system but hating that you need updates to fix problems to so apps work...

hope this is fixed soon please

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any update it still doesn't work on Lollipop M7 HTC Smiley Sad