Anyplace TV Home Edition App Recorded Programs Not Deleting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, this is kind of humorous... we're back full circle - the recording names were repaired but now it's once again not possible to delete shows using the android app, and the web app once again will remove the title from the PVR list without removing them from the PVR itself.

In the business we call that a regression defect, or perhaps an "undo" of a fix because it caused more problems than it helped...

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Oh. Maybe the issue is being caused by the WebApp or the Android App. I stopped using the WebApp and just purely went to Android App.

This way there aren't two things talking to the same box anymore. Haven't seen an issue myself.

I recommend choosing one access and seeing if the issue presist. Since, that way you can troubleshoot if the issue arises still or not. But of course this may not be related at all but it's worth a shot.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ShakTib wrote:

Oh. Maybe the issue is being caused by the WebApp or the Android App. I stopped using the WebApp and just purely went to Android App.

This way there aren't two things talking to the same box anymore. Haven't seen an issue myself.

I recommend choosing one access and seeing if the issue persist. Since, that way you can troubleshoot if the issue arises still or not. But of course this may not be related at all but it's worth a shot.

Well, I do use them separately.  I open HomeEdition, select the recording to delete.  Even after assuring me I can't undo the delete, the recording is still in the list.  So I close HomeEdition.  I switch to my PC, log in, and try to do the same thing there.   On the web app the title disappears from the list but the used space isn't reduced.  Log off, restart HomeEdition, and the recording is still there.  And it's still there the next day.

But let's be fair here - it's not my responsibility to test nor troubleshoot the app.  Any production ready app / web app / PVR software should be protected from each other and from simultaneous access by multiple users.  And it should work - do what's requested without corrupting data.  Nothing a user does should break it.

The "delete doesn't work", "it works but corrupts the recording list", "the recording list is uncorrupted", "delete doesn't work anymore" sequence combined with the multiple outages seems to suggest something wrong with the implementation and a struggle to fix it.

Perhaps it is local to my app and my PVR - even then it can't be something *I* did, if there's problems it still must be an app problem.  I am curious though - it works for you, you're able to use HomeEdition to delete recordings without any problem, and they actually get deleted?  That might be a useful piece of information for the dev & test team - find the differences between the environments where it does work and where it doesn't.  (Android app and an the Cisco NextBox if it helps).

Bottom line here is I'm simply reporting the problem.  I'm not business of testing apps.  If the problem is reported as fixed I'm happy to try it 'cause space is quickly running out on my PVR.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Valid point @mikexp

My suggestion only came down to the request for troubleshooting since I wanted to find a fix because it does seem locally to you.

Even then, it is frustrating because it should work exactly how you are using it, regardless of which tool you use.

so touché mikexp; touché.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a Rogers team process for this community where these (and especially this!) problems are reported to the app and web app development teams?

It would be great to see confirmation that the problem has been recreated there at Rogers, and feedback on when a fix could be expected.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV Home Edition App Recorded Programs Not Deleting

Well, that's disappointing, I take it no response means there's no support for the app? That certainly explains the very low rating it has on Google Play.
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my experience, the web app (Windows 7, Firefox) works just fine. Using the Android app on a cheapie $35 tablet (Kit-Kat), it also works, but when I click a show on the grid, I don't get a popup window where I can confirm the recording or modify the start or end time. My Android (Jellybean) phone app used to work, but was kind of useless due to the small screen and slow processor, but now gives me a sign in error which locks me out of Rogers if I try it 3 times in a row. Can't figure that one out because I'm using my email address an correct password. Checked many times. Smiley Sad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for having a look.

Those sound like new (meaning unreported here) problems  - additional and different from the ones I've encountered.

To recap mine - on android, deleting a recorded program (rather than modifying a planned recording) does nothing - it shows a warning that the program will be deleted but it's still there when the PVR list is refreshed.

When deleting a recorded program with the web app the program name is removed from the online PVR listing for the duration of your session.  That is, it appears to work - but appearances are decieving.  The program is NOT removed from the PVR and if you restart the browser session you will find it is back in the list.