Anyplace TV Home Edition App Recorded Programs Not Deleting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

When I try to delete a program on my PVR through the Anyplace app, it says it is deleted, but still shows up as being recorded and does not reduce the percentage of recorded programs on the PVR. I also made sure the app is updated on my Android Note 4 phone.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @T1328

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Are you able to delete the program directly through the PVR with the remote control?

RogersSannecia

I Plan to Stick Around

I am noticing the same issue RogersSannecia.  I am able to manage/delete recordings on the PVR directly but not on the app.  The app says it has erased the program but the PVR does not reflect the deletion.  Also, I am unable to change the recording settings on my phone, which would not be so bad except that the defaults do not match the default I have set on the PVR. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Probably an app problem. Addingand deleting recordings using Manage PVR on the web is working just fine for me presently.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I've tried multiple times to delete old recordings and they will not go away.  The remaining space is filling up and I'm not there to clean up the recordings.

Is this a problem with the app or something that needs to be fixed in my account?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on kitkat, various devices, and I can log in just fine.

In any case, the issue is that all attempts to delete PVR recordings remotely have failed.  When using Anyplace TV HomeEdition the app is nice enough to warn me the delete can't be undone, but none-the-less when the list refreshes the recordings are still there.

Using My Rogers to manage the PVR doesn't work either.  In this case the web app is kind enough to remove the entry for the recording from my online list, but it doesn't actually delete the recording and free space.  And while it's gone from the list, when I go back and re-launch HomeEdition the recordings are still in the list.

And before I'm asked, yes, when I'm at home (which I am not right now) I've never had a problem deleting recordings.

I Plan to Stick Around

The PVR is now 80% full and my better half considers this extremely urgent.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yesterday the web app was not working, but it works for me this morning.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, yeah, I noticed the outage yesterday too.  Tried again to delete just now and like magic it seems to be working.

Now there's a new problem, again, it's not a lollipop nor username/passward issue, but here it is:

After what appears to be a successful delete (some space was released), the recorded program list is now filled with many "Manual Recording" entries.  I think, but I am not sure, they are valid recordings that weren't done manually.  Something somewhere has lost or broken some links back to the name of the recording.  OTOH it does seem to partially solve the delete issue 'cause now I'm not sure how she's going to know whether they are shows she wants to delete.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Yayyyyy so excited it works on my new phone.
MASS-PVR RECORDING HERE I COME! Muahahaha ^___^