Anyplace TV Home Ed. & Apple TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace TV Home Ed. & Apple TV

@Graven79 wrote:

Does Rogers have plans to create an Apple TV app for Rogers Anyplace TV?

Although it is possible that Rogers will release this at some time in the future, it is not currently available and you will likely get no advance notice due to competitive reasons.  Same for Android and all the other options.

Any advance notice would likely be very short from an "insider leak".

I've Been Around

Can I download any place tv to my Apple tv

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Billybishop : As discussed in post 11, the answer is no, not at this time.

I've Been Around

Can Rogers anytime work when an HDMI is connected through an adapter from an iPhone?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Erinmpeters wrote:
Can Rogers anytime work when an HDMI is connected through an adapter from an iPhone?

I've asked this question in other threads where people mentioned that they can no longer "cast" a signal from a phone or tablet, etc.  I asked whether people were able to connect HDMI from their computer to the TV using Anyplace, but again don't recall seeing an answer one way or another.  If you do try it, we'd appreciate you letting us know whether the HDMI out (Phone or PC) is active with Anyplace.

Unfortunately HDMI allows for "handshakes" between devices and the app may disallow an HDMI connection.

I've Been Around

just tried iPad to tv with HDMI to watch World Cup. Not allowed. Anyplace has such limited functionality that it is useless. Now off to stream game from Sportsnet app which works really well with Apple TV.

I've Been Around

LOL what is this... 2009?!?!? Competition my butt.. pretty pathetic you can’t screen mirror the anyplace app to Apple TV- especially with Apple devices. I own an iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.. and pay for a cable subscription at home. How much more money do these greedy companies need.. honestly.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I too am very frustrated with Anyplace TV app not being able to stream video when connected to tv via HDMI cable. I have no issues with using other apps to stream videos why is Rogers so behind the times with resolving this error and enabling video streaming through Apple devices through HDMI. With the high rising costs of cable and the large demand for streaming devices it makes no sense why this feature is not available. When is Rogers going to resolve this error??? Or is it time to cut the cord???
I've Been Around

I recently came back to Rogers from bell only because they made an offer to good to refuse to come back but I think I’ll just be going back soon.

Archaic infrastructure and restrictions to merely push new inferior prducts (ignite which is overly complicated to achieve some of the most basic features)

I don’t want to talk to my Rogers remote. Your company in all honesty isn’t innovative enough or cutting edge enough to take over “smart” anything.

Bell alt tv/Internet is a much much better solution and offers an Apple TV app that is miles better than any Rogers product.
Only feature it’s missing is per function but who in 2018 actually uses above anymore loooool! Almost everything is on “on demand”

Hey Rogers: careful with what you restrict for the sale of selling your garbage at ridiculous prices.
The simple solution is generally the best.
I lived too many years with your explorer boxes and garbage remotes. I’ll happily depend on better tech companies to handle the tech (Apple TV) just provide the content please and thanks.
I'm Here A Lot

Feel the exact same way. Just came back after cancelling bell fibe. Everything about Bell is better except for price. I came back only due to rogers price and the fact i own a bunch of pvrs. Rogers is removing features of digital cable so people switch to their ignite tv which I am sure doesn't even compare to bell. Most of the features I don't use and had trouble with streaming quality of bell on apple tv etc.. so happy to save money but still annoyed at the quality of rogers products. I can't even have whole home pvr anymore.