Anyplace TV App no longer accessing cablebox?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace TV App no longer accessing cablebox?

Hey Folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has had the remote emulator function on the Anyplace TV app just suddenly stop working.

I was watching a show earlier and everything was fine. Came back to it tonight and unless I turn my wifi off, I am unable to control the cable box.

There was no update to the app or change in the set up of the app or the box. It just stopped working.

Has this happened to anyone else  and how did you fix it?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Anyplace TV App no longer accessing cablebox?

Has any other member come across this issue and can help HesitantlnLdn?

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The app seems to have up and down days of working, not working, pulling wrong info etc.

remote just worked on mine (with a 8642), but the 'to be scheduled' listing is not mine 😛

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response!

Its good to know that its just a system glitch, not anything more serious.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.  Like alot of the rogers side products like this.. they tend not to work 100% 😞

Bigest bugs i have seen.
-Not connecting at all sometimes

-Currently stored list, included stuff that has been delted, both from the box or from the app.

-deleting from the app, doesnt seem to work at all

-Listing, like my post above, sometimes is screwed up.

WHat i have seen that is right, the % used, is accurate (so you can go by that as to how full the PVR is vs what is on the list).

As well, all the remote setting of a recording.. IE: your out, and oh no! forgot to set something, setting it to record from there, seems to work fine.