Anyplace TV App & Nextbox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyplace TV App & Nextbox 3

After complaining via chat, phone and email to Rogers Technical my access problem to my NB3 with the iPad/iPhone is resolved. THE APP NOW WORKS. It took Rogers 13 days to fix the problem at their headend (server). It must have been a programing glitch or mistake when the NB3 was originaly authorized. I'm a happy camper now and paid my bill!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sorinst wrote:

This app played a significant role in deciding to get the new NextBox 3 digital box, because only this box had the ability to be programmed remotely using the phone app. The app is free, but the box is more expensive than a regular one.

I'm pretty sure the apps (when working) work with the 8300HD, the 8642 (NB2.0) and the 9865 (NB3.0) PVRs. I have an iPad and it works with my two 8300HDs and 9865 (NB3.0).  Lots of people have the app working on 8642s, assuming they have the correct app for the correct device.  You are correct that the Android app doesn't work with the latest OS and that Rogers should have updated the app by now.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

I Plan to Stick Around

Please indicate how I can use my iPad Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app. to remotely program my 8642 still running SARA. I use it to program my 9865 with RTN but that is the only PVR that shows up in the app. I thought the app only worked with RTN so I am surprised you can use it to program your 8300s.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 8642 has to be running RTN (discussed in the AnyPlace thread on Digital Home).  I can programme my 8300HDs (with SARA) and my 9865 (still RTN) no problem.  I believe there are very few people who are still "allowed" to have SARA on an 8642.  Once Navigatr is forced on your area, you probably won't be able to have SARA on your 8642, but if the bugs are worked out properly, you should be able to have remote access.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the apps (when working) work with the 8300HD, the 8642 (NB2.0) and the 9865 (NB3.0) PVRs. I have an iPad and it works with my two 8300HDs and 9865 (NB3.0).  Lots of people have the app working on 8642s, assuming they have the correct app for the correct device.  You are correct that the Android app doesn't work with the latest OS and that Rogers should have updated the app by now.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

The app works with some devices and not with others. It "works" with my Android phone, but does not let me log in, so that's useless. It "works" with my Android Kobo Vox, but that's so old and underpowered, trying to use it is also futile. I guess the real point is that Rogers disabled the web access to managing your PVR and replaced it with a sketchy app that only works on some devices. They also promised a new web page to access your PVR, but so far have failed to deliver.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I complained to @rogershelps about the Android version of the app not allowing remote PVR programming and was told "we're working on it".

Considering how long it too to adapt their app to Android 5.0, I'm not holding my breath. Rogers should be embarrassed at the state of this app. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Can't access any recordings on NextBox 3 with Anyplace TV

Hi, wondering if anyone here is able to help me. I've been having a lot of issues with managing recordings on my NextBox 3.0 PVR with the Home Edition app on my iPhone, as well as the Anyplace TV website. It all used to work fine for me, but starting about a week ago, it's started giving me problems. It lists my PVR and the correct recordings, but it no longer allows me to watch or delete any of them.

- On the iPhone, attempting to delete a recording acts as if it worked, but the recording is still in the list. Attempting to watch a recording just silently fails.

- On the website, attempting to play a recording gives me a remote control error that says the selected recording couldn't be found on my PVR, error 1111. Attempting to delete one acts as if it worked, removing it from the list, but when I close my browser and log back in, the deleted recordings magically reappear.

- All of my previous recordings have also had their timestamps shifted for some reason. For example, my most recent recording, which was on January 7 at 12AM midnight, is now listed as being recorded on January 6 at 7PM.

- Speaking of this recording, I was already having problems with all my other recordings when this one was made. I was able to schedule that one and it recorded, and I was able to watch it for about a day, but after that, it joined the others in the realm of bugged, and I can't access it anymore, it does the same stuff when I try.

- I'm blind and can't see my TV screen, so simply managing recordings on my box itself isn't an option, because it doesn't have text to speech like computers and mobile phones do.

If anyone has encountered behaviour like this, I'd appreciate any ideas of how to fix it. I've tried rebooting my box. I've tried reinstalling the app. I've tried logging out and back into the website. Refreshing my account settings. Resetting my digital box. Unlinking and relinking my My Rogers account. Contacting Rogers by phone. Contacting Rogers via Twitter. I'm stumped.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had a similar issue and found I had the wrong App.  Make sure from the store you have Rogers Anyplace TV & NOT Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition.  The latter wont work..  Why there is more than 1 app for the same thing I'm not sure.

Peter
Toronto

Actually I'm wrong there, that app isn't useful except to watch stuff online. The Anyplace App keeps crashing on my iPad and apparently on others from what I've read.
Peter
Toronto

Rogers Anyplace TV  Tablet Edition  App Malfunctions On iPad 2

Click any drop-down menu  (box choice for instance) or Settings & the App abruptly closes.

A friend using it on an iPhone 6S also experiences the same thing.

Edit {as I  posted this originally from my iPad as a new thread)

Strangely enough it works just fine in my Android Nexus 7 tablet.

This would indicate a problem with iOS compatibility.

It used to work fine so something must be up with the most recent update.

Peter
Toronto