Anyplace Live TV content

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Anyplace Live TV content

Hi,

I am new to Rogers and when signing up they spoke to me about Rogers Anyplace Live and spoke of all these channels I would get on my phone including HBO, Teletoon, MTV etc etc etc and once I installed the app I received Blue Jays, 5 Sportsnets where typically only 1 or 2 are ever working, ytv, treehouse, CityNews and the weather network. At first YTV and treehouse didn't show up but suddenly one day were there but that is it. No other channels. When I called Rogers about this none of the multiple people I had spoken to had any idea about the service in general and when they finally passed me along to tech support all he could tell me was "well i have it for android, so i couldnt tell you anything about the iphone". Does anyone else know if these channels are actually available? or coming? or is it just such a mess nobody really knows what is up right now?

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Anyplace Live TV content

The Anyplace TV live"app" (for lack of a better term) is quite useless.  An Ontario based news channel, several sports channels that are very rarely on, The Weather network (better app on Blackberry App world) and Treehouse and YTV (really?!)

Where are all the channels that were presented to me in the "pitch" for me to sign up for this???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Treehouse & YTV are used for families to watch on tablets / computers & such. I have seen many people with families use Anyplace Live TV for that.

I do agree that they need more channels tho but remember they should be adding more soon ( hopefully.)
I've Been Around

Plus 'Anywhere' is a misnomer. You are forbidden from watching content while in the USA even though you clearly are a Rogers customer. This enrages me.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bigkiwibird wrote:
Plus 'Anywhere' is a misnomer. You are forbidden from watching content while in the USA even though you clearly are a Rogers customer. This enrages me.

Usualy the reasons for that, are much the same reasons, as why sometimes you cant click on a video and watch it here, it says you cant do it from your country.

Comes down to copywrite laws, who has paid for what, weither that has been cleared to be viewed in your country, etc, etc. 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I can receive some channels such as Leafs TV on my desktop using Rogers Anyplace TV but can't on my (wifi only) ipad using the app. The iPad app has a smaller selection to choose from which doesn't make much sense given that they're both internet connected via Rogers. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of the app?  

I've Been Around

I recently got the Ipad App and it does not allow me to get sports - soccer etc on my tablet even though I am a sportsnet subscriber. Does anyone know the reason?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not all channels are available on the app, only select ones unfortunately 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

Your right Strathearn6 & Gdkitty.  Have found on the Rogers FAQ page that only 12 TV channels are available although "and more" is indicated. Not sure why Rogers isn't providing for the delivery to customer tablets of ALL subscribed channels. Anyone know if this is an industry standard or even perhaps if and when more channels will be added?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess.. would be rights/privleges, etc for the channel?

IE: you get X many channels for rogers, and can watch them on TV, etc.
You might think, that since they have the rights to air them, that they ALL should be available on RoD?  Yet only select channels are.

To me i beleive its much the same thing.. that they need the rights to be be allowed to broadcast those channels by other means.