Anyplace App Home Edition -- NEXTBOX

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace App Home Edition -- NEXTBOX

We just got a nextbox today as our old non-hd pvr crashed (and lost everything).  I wanted to set a bunch of scheduled recordings so tried the search function (* button) on the tv guide - it wouldn't work so I thought - why not download the anyplace tv app.  

Thought this would be easy but it won't see our nextbox - it won't connect with it at all.  So can't set recordings or use it as a remote Smiley Mad

Is this a known issue - does anyone have the same problem?  Or does it work successfully for anyone (and if so how did you do it???)

HELP!!!Smiley Frustrated

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anyplace App Home Edition -- NEXTBOX

Luck with the app seems hit and miss...
Myself, generaly have been good, its seen mine from the begining.. others.. not always so lucky.

Now, you are loging into the app, with your rogers login, which is associated with your MYROGERS, which has your TV account, etc on it?

It might take a bit, for the app to see your box, if you JUST added that box to the account.  I would give it a good 24 hours, on the settings page, there is a refresh button there as well.

As for the TV though.. the * for search, SHOULD work.  Always has here.
Again.. unless its a new thing just because the box was just put in.. it should come up though (may take a seond, but otherwise works).
HOPEFULLY not, its not a dud box.  Only other thing i could think of... that model, is ALOT more sensitive to signal issues than the old ones.. could be the search isnt working due to a signal issue... is the picture/sound OK otherwise?  Can you access RoD?

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for replying - the signal seemed fine when it was installed.  Can access ROD no problem. Picture is great

Yes - I'm logging in using MyRogers info for the app.  

When using the * it is there and fine until I start typing the 2nd letter of the name of the show then instead of showing shows that match it says "sorry, search has encountered a problem.  Please re-enter your request"

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Huh.. not at home, so cant test on my box CURRENTLY but yeah.. should take a second each letter that is pressed, as it RE searches based on those letters.. never seen that error.

Maybe give the box a reboot.. just incase it didnt pull a needed update or something, hopefuly would grab on restart.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just installed the Nextbox 3.0. The PVR would not show in my Home Edition iPad app.

Just to confirm one of the above posts that it started working after about 24 hours. I had also recorded a couple of shows, that may or may not have been a factor.
I'm an Advisor

CairnsRock:

The Home Edition app is totally unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've had the Nextbox 3 for about a month and, most of the time, it says my PVR is unavailable on the iPhone version. I've checked for updates, but my version is current (2.2.10). Rebooting the box usually fixes this issue, but it eventually comes back.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After the intial 24-48 hours on the NB3 'settling in' phase, i was having great luck with it.. showed ACCURATELY the stuff on there or recorded (didnt keep a record of the old stuff, like it did on my 8642).

Now, get failures on both recorded/scheduled list.. for about 4+ days now.

One thing that always does seem to work for me, is the scheduling part.. i can always set a new recording if i have to while out.
(which is the MAIN thing i use it for.. for those OH NO! i FORGOT! days.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Had a LITTLE luck deleteing the app and all data completely.

Login first time, still not fully pulled all account info.
Closed app, went back in.

Seems to load all recordings/schedules fine 90% of the time (occasionaly an error, but if refresh the list, pulls it ok)