Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

My iPhone recently died, so rather than fork out $295 for a "refurbished" iPhone from Rogers, I opted to get a new phone.  So I bought the HTC Sensation.  But for some reason or another, I can't receive any pics through txt (sms).  I can send and receive txts fine, but I can't receive any pics.  Could someone please help me.

I would have to hate to switch carriers if this a problem on Rogers network.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: APN HELP!!! RE: Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

The following are the exact settings for any Android device on the Rogers network

Name: Rogers (Doesnt matter; its just a label)

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

These are the only fields that you should be filling out; nothing else. The first two are for data connection and the last three mentioned are for picture messaging (MMS).

Cheers!

P.S. And of course make sure your data is enabled (Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks). Most devices have an option like Use Packet Data or Enable Data Traffic, etc

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

The HTC Sensation is not sold by Rogers.

Texts/SMS are not supposed to contains pics.
MMS can contain pics.

The HTC Sensation (like any other Android devices) can receive MMS.

Maybe the Rogers APN settings ion your phone are not right (and you need the right APN settings to receive MMS).

On my phone, the MMS proxy is 10.128.1.69 and the MMS port is 80.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

APN HELP!!! RE: Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

Hey I just got a sensation as well but I can't get the data running at all. I had an Incredible S and I tried to use the same settings but it doens't work.

This is the one that I've been running on my Incredible S

Name: Rogers

APN: internet.com

Username: wapuser1

Password: wap

** and everthing left as it was **

I've tried the other setting that people have been posting online. Since you're not complaining about data issuses, can you please send me the setting you have on yours?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: APN HELP!!! RE: Anyone with an HTC Sensation having problems?

The following are the exact settings for any Android device on the Rogers network

Name: Rogers (Doesnt matter; its just a label)

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

These are the only fields that you should be filling out; nothing else. The first two are for data connection and the last three mentioned are for picture messaging (MMS).

Cheers!

P.S. And of course make sure your data is enabled (Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks). Most devices have an option like Use Packet Data or Enable Data Traffic, etc

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi I have an Unlock HTC sensation 4g from T-Mobile < I moved back from the U.S this week. And for some odd reason I don’t have access to 3g network I can only access 2g (Is it because of prepaid data plan) or a phone compatibility issue 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

The fact that the device is not a Rogers device could definitely be part of the problem. Do you have a data plan on your Pre-Paid account? If so have you followed the above steps to configure it to use the Rogers data network?

If these things fail then best way to narrow down the issue is to try your SIM in a Rogers 3G device and see if you get 3G there. If so then it would be device related.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just got off the phone with Rogers rep and they said that your device may have the APNs hardcoded into the device. I bought an "unlock" HTC sensation in asia and this appears to be the problem. I'm in dialogue with htc and will let you know what i found out. If anyone else has a solution, please post. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Having the same issue here. Transfered settingd from my HTC Magic and nothing. When I turn "mobile network" off and on, it says "connection failed due to incorrect APN setting". All the settings are the same so I'm not sure what gives.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just got it working! Something so small that causes so much headache..GEEZ!

The last bit in the APN name (.apn), the keyboard was adding a space without me noticing. When I removed the space, BANG! I got 3G.

Hope this helps anyone.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi i have a HTC Sensation from Bell and it's unlocked, but i just got Edge frequency, how can i get the 3g?