Anyone else noticed signal issues with the Galaxy Nexus?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Anyone else noticed signal issues with the Galaxy Nexus?

.i could very easily.live without ics on my razr,at least i could make calls and surf the web without issues. Paying this much money for a phone i expect it to.work,period. At least i have learned not to purchase a phone from.anyone.that is not local.to me,if i had bought this lt would.oh so easy to deal with this situation. Lesson learned! Im.going to give it another week or two and see if these issues get rectified and after that this piece of junk is getting traded in no matter how much of a loss i have to take on it.
I'm an Enthusiast

Yes I notice this it is annoying sometimes hope rogers fixes this
I'm an Enthusiast

galaxy nexus poor signal and signal loss

Ok so here's how it is I was with Fido they have the same network as rogers right I was with them my phone died broke so I went with rogers I was going to get the Xperia s but they didn't have it yet so I got the nexus .now it loses signal a lot for no reason I have to restart the phone some times and in my basement with Fido my phone used to get at least 1-2 bats 3g or 2 bars H and with nexus nothing maybe 1 E at the most I was traveling today lost signal my mom with Fido had signal.so is rogers going to fix the signal thing with nexus as I seen someone else on the forums with the same problem or is it my phone.will rogers replace my nexus with a Xperia s now.help
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: galaxy nexus poor signal and signal loss

Anyways.  Yes the Galaxy Nexus is known to have this issue, this is why a lot of people stopped using it & a few carriers are discounting the phone.. The thing tho is that Telus & Bell users are having the same issue with the Loss of signal & poor signal in which makes me believe its not a software issue, its a hardware issue. I really hope its a software issue tho.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: galaxy nexus poor signal and signal loss

Coincidentally, I have a Captivate and I keep it on 2G/GSM while at home, because the HSPA signal from the same tower is weaker and I miss calls & texts because of it. It's a known issue with Rogers 3G, many people have this problem, but they're not going to do anything about it. If your phone drifts below 3 bars you will miss calls on HSPA. I haven't tried LTE, but I hope Rogers does get LTE on 700Mhz.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys,

I am using a Samsung Nexus Galaxy with stock 4.1 Jelly Bean on it.

I've been using the phone since January and went from 4.01 to 4.04 then 4.1 for the past month or so.

I am still struggling to get a good signal reception around my home area. Just outside of my house, I get 1 bar signal, around 15% (5-6 asu) and of course, when I'm actually in the house, I loose signal or get a very low 1-3 asu, bare minimum and scamble calls most of the times.

I used the OpenSignal app to find out where Rogers antenna where located. Just to test it out, I walked towards both antennas (They are not that far away), the more I was closer, the more the signal was increasing until it reaches over 90% with up to 30 asu ! Phone is working great, it just the **bleep** antennas not sending the signals properly to my street. And you can forget about the data ! Paying 30$ a month for 6gig for nothing.

And the worst part is...looking at Rogers area coverage, I'm in the middle of the strongest LTE service availibility. It's pathetic. 

So...I called multiple times Rogers and they opened tickets...sent somebody to check it out, the I keep getting the answer  "We are sorry, since there is a signal, even though it might be low, it is working minimally outside your house ". But i'm not paying 70$/month for a service to be used outside and having to walk couple blocs away to get proper reception, it's unacepptable. I live in Laval with LTE service available (even though It's a gms phone).

I changed the sim card...didn't do anything. My friend has the same phone, same version etc...same problem with hers at my place. At her place, she is having the same issue, bad coverage in her area ( She also needs to walk couple blocks away to get proper reception ).

Anybody else having bad reception and bad responses from Rogers ? What can a customer do in these situations ?

Thanks

I'm an Enthusiast

Welcome to.the club I have had 4.0.1 since may when.I bought it and have the same issue .how did you get 4.0.4 or jellybean even

I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Low to No Signal at all

Oh and don't feel badly plan lands me like $130 a month for little service I only get setting on my couch
I've Been Here Awhile

OTA updates.

But you do have low or bad signal outside and inside your house ? What have you done about it and what Rogers have been saying about it ?

I Plan to Stick Around

I live 40k west of Toronto and get low signal in my house using my Samsung S2.  Rogers doesn't guarantee recetption indoors so I'm out of luck.  At least once a week, the S2 drops a call or two.  I don't believe Samsung's strong point is reception quality, for that, you're better off getting a Sony, Nokia or Motorola if you want good/great reception.

I would sign up with Koodo as I can see the Bell/Telus tower from my bedroom but that would mean losing a sweet Rogers corp. deal and $500 ECF.  Looking to buy the Sony Xperia S soon and hope this improves my reception in house.