Anyone else noticed signal issues with the Galaxy Nexus?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Anyone else noticed signal issues with the Galaxy Nexus?

@Mathieu wrote:

The "blue" bars means that the phone is connected to Google Sync servers (Push Notifications are working).

So what you're saying is that the measure of your data/voice network connectivity is determined by the number of bars, period. The blue is strictly Google connectivity? Is this documented somewhere that you can point me to?

Also, every once in a while the bars seem to become a solid graph (as opposed to individual bars). Any ideas?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

This network status icon is colored when connected to Google services since Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Doc (page 27): http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en//help/hc/pdfs/...

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, but I'm still seeing the blue disappear quite often, and the signal dropping out at points through the day. Typically I'm running at about 99-120dBm when I would have a consistent dBm in the 80's with my iPhone 4. Sometimes I just can't load a webpage until I've gone to Airplane mode for a few seconds and coming back out. 

If nobody else is seeing this kind of poor reception, I'm wondering if it's my phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortuntatly I had the exact same issue so I had to return the phone.  I know of others that did not have these data drops and they sit next to me at work with the same phone.  So it seems like it is a hardware issue.  Apparently Android 4.0.2 addresses these issues but is not released in Canada yet, only on the Nexus in the US (in fact they are already on 4.0.3).   It seems the galaxy nexus is supported directly by google in the US but by samsung in Canada.  Samsung does not have a a great track record of quick updates for their phones.  

Its a shame, I loved this phone but if the updates are not pushed out to fix these issues quickly it removes the shine from an otherwise fantastic phone!

I'm Here A Lot

I have this issue and  "mutes mid call" (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24019)problem

rogers gave me a replacement and still have the same problem.

After I updated to 4.02 and xxxk6 radio, i didn't have these issues yet

download address:

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

and i notice that  the 4G speed goes from 5-6M to 10-11M

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes your problem is rogers poor signal
I Plan to Stick Around

I have one also (white version) I lose connection to the network on a very consistant basis..in the last 30 min i have lost signal 15 times (using an app to log it)

This is totally unacceptable, I bought this phone outright and paid FULL price for it when it fist came out.

Rogers cant do anything.

samsung cant do anything

Google can tdo anything.

I think it is part hardware and part ICS...I love the phone but im going to unload it and go back to my RAZR which never gave me any issues.

If you have a Gnex..best to get rid of it whille you can.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The white one is not sold by Rogers or any other carrier in Canada..

Rogers can not do anything seeing as the phone is not from Rogers
Samsung can not do anything seeing as its a software issue not a hardware issue.
Google can not do anything because its a software issue.

My Rogers Galaxy Nexus is not having any issues like this. I am getting great signal straight in Toronto, Scarborough, Brampton, Missisauga, Whitby & Ajax. Never had any problems what so ever..

Also saying to someone " If you have a Gnexus get rid of it while you can" is not helping at all.. That is like me telling you to get rid of you RAZR seeing as it will not get ICS anytime soon..

The Software is dealt with Samsung. They know about the issue & 4.0.4 is going to fix it. Many people have said this & even Samsung Canada said it.

I've Been Around

I wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing random signal loss.  I will have signal one minute and then I will get a signal loss and then it is back.  All this happens within seconds of each other.  Some days it happens a lot, other days not so much.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you search the Android section you will find and there thread made about this issue with 4 pages on it...

To tell you I have never had this issue at all.. I have had issues like this with other phones but not my Galaxy Nexus.