Anyone else having problem with International SMS?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone else having problem with International SMS?

Just two days ago, I stopped recieving international SMS. But I can still send internationl SMS. Anyone else having the same problem? This is so frustrating. This is the second time it has happened to me since I swtiched to Rogers. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Anyone else having problem with International SMS?

Hi z_8,

Apart from the basic steps of removing and re-inserting the battery, you can also try your sim card in another device to see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise for an issue such as this you would need to speak with us directly at 1866-931-3282 so we can try to track this SMS and see where the issue is occuring. What you explained and the steps I gave above will be asked of you and help find a quicker resolution.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having trouble sending international sms from toronto as well as (i now know) while traveling. I also have the add on international sms package (as well as voice) - My phone (iPhone 4) has been reset an hour ago, I've been told to wait up to 24hrs, everything else works OK, including calling the same recipient (international) with the same settings that I use for sms... I can receive as well from the same recipient. Any suggestions?

I've Been Around

I have sent but been unable to receive SMS from the UK since I joined Rogers in April. They are all on different networks so it's extremely unlikely that it's a problem that end (and I received texts from the same numbers OK when I had a phone with Virgin). Bizarrely, I can accept picture messages.

I have spoken to technical support numerous times but they haven't been able to help. They've done a full reset of my phone, which didn't make any difference. I have replaced the SIM card and have now tried a new phone- nothing.

Does anyone have ANY ideas what I can try next? I'm completely desperate- this has been going on since April!

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, that problem went away for me after a day. However, back in June when I just switched to Rogers from Virgin. I experienced the same thing. I called the tech and had everything rest, but still no luck. Out of frustration, I replaced the SIM card and got a new number. That seemed to fix the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have unlimited international text messaging on my plan with Rogers. I send many text messages to my family and friends in Cuba. It has been working great up until two days ago when my friends and family stopped receiving any of my text messages.. I am really lost without the communication that I have with them and I don't know why they stopped sending. I tried reseting my iphone4 and that didnt work. My bill is payed right up to date and I haven't changed the way I have been sending the text messages.. Does anyone have any advice they can give me how to fix this problem? I really need this problem fixed as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.