Anybody know where I can get a Scien Amer 4250HD box in Ottawa,

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anybody know where I can get a Scien Amer 4250HD box in Ottawa,

Seems they are disappearing like hotcakes when people who upgrade to HD find out that the Cisco box does not support TV call display. tech support tells me they are working on the problem and that it will be available soon on the Cisco box, but do not know how long, (2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years)

I hate when I loose a sevice that I have had for allmost 3 years (specially when they dont tell you at the store when you swap your box, but then again the employees dont know)

went to 5 stores today, seems most of the employees are busy packing up the vids and games, but always found a freindly face to help me, even phoned nearby stores  

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Anybody know where I can get a Scien Amer 4250HD box in Ottawa,

Honestly, just try kagigi or greg's list or the buy n sell or one of those free classified ads.  i bought one off there years ago, and it was not the hd one, but it was brand new, i even phoned rogers and gave them the s/n number before i confirmed to buy it off the seller and he was cool about giving it, and the box checked out to be new never registered before.  so you may have good luck on there plus the prices are pretty good too, no one wants to spend 500 bucks on a stb, that cost more than a tv, ouch

I'm a Senior Advisor

I assume Pauly means "kijiji" or "craigslist" but the important thing is if you buy the box from a third party, be sure to check that the serial number is one that is found in Roger's database. Otherwise, they will not activate it for you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, make sure that its one that can be added to the network... AND make sure that its STILL not already added on someones account.

Many people when they sell them, will NOT deactivate them first.  Even if they closed their rogers account.. the box is still tied to that closed account.  Rogers can not re-add it, unless its removed from that account.