Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Hello RobbieRobb

You may be correct. Samsung releases updates showing 4G. The carriers THEN change it to LTE if needed. It could be a mistaken on Rogers end as well. Its not such a big thing for people to complain i find. As long as you are getting LTE speeds, what is the problem?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Because LTE sounds cool Damnit!!! It honestly doesn't make a difference especially when most people use their phones to post on facebook and do google searches.

What do people think about Google Now, It has the potential to be awesome but I'm not getting to many cards.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The network indicators are set to be what the international standards call them. A carrier can change the indicator to show anything they want. Rogers could have it show 5G. This update is simply reflecting the true network standard without Rogers having modded it for their corporate branding. When it says 4G, you're on the only 4G network that exists in Canada, the LTE network.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That could be true. I got 4G before in what is currently H+. It's just a different definition. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

In the end, the carriers needs to change it to show LTE. Other then that, i really do not see why people are complaining about it showing 4G& NOT LTE meanwhile you get LTE speeds... I know its cool to show LTE but as long as you are getting the speeds, its all good. Rogers may just leave it showing 4G or change it to LTE at sometime.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well at the very least it's confusing. I've never seen 3G on my phone up until this point. When I was in a low coverage area it always said "E"

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update issues

Got the update notice yesterday and downloaded Android 4.1.2 over Wi-Fi and the update installed last night without any error messages. (I did not use Samsung Kies.  Update was handled by Android.)  I have encountered two problems with 4.1.2:

1. LTE has not functioned since the update (I'm in the London, ON area). I went into the Mobile Networks settings and changed the Network Mode to "GSM only" to disconnect from the current data network.  (I also tried scanning for mobile networks which also disconnects from the current network.)  I then went back into Network Mode and changed it back to "LTE/GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)". The phone first connected at GSM, then H+, then 3G and then 4G, moving up in speed as it tested the data network, but LTE never shows up in my connection status.  If I go into Settings / About Device / Status the Network says "Rogers", the Mobile Network Type says "LTE:14" and the Signal Strength is -108 dBm 32 asu.  LTE is available but the phone never switches to it.

2. The other issue is with the "S Planner" application that replaced the previous Calendar app.  All of my previous and future appointments were imported ok.  My Contacts and Text Message history are there too.  The one thing that does not work is the Save button at the top right when I create or edit an event.  The quick save button that appears when I tap a date does save an event, but it uses a default duration of all day.  If I tap on "Edit event details" it opens a more detailed screen with Cancel|Save at the top right.  After I fill in the details, if I tap the Save button the background behind the Save button does change colour and does make the tap sound, but the event never gets recorded.  Same thing if I try to edit an existing event.  I can change the details but tapping Save just closes the window and nothng gets saved.  Very frustrating indeed.  Under Calendars I only have "My calendar" and "My task" checked.  (I unchecked the boxes for my Hotmail and Gmail accounts.)  I even turned off automatic syncing in case there was a sync issue.  Still no success.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update issues

Issue Number 1 is being discussed in the thread "Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?" It's believed that you are still getting LTE speeds but it's being labeled differently.

I use the GO Launcher Calender Widget so I can't help you with Problem #2.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Odd issue as a friend at work that has the GS2 LTE and updated to the Rogers JB firmward shows LTE on his phone...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Can they take a few pictures showing us this? a picture of the JB update / model number & it showing LTE on top. I called a few Rogers stores & they told me after the JB update, LTE was taken down & it shows 4G now.