Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

I have the S2, and I am anxiously awaiting the jellybean update.....any idea when it will be released?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Hello jflower76

At this moment, Rogers has not said anything yet. I have nog heard anything from Samsung either but i am sure they have sent the JB update to Rogers. Rogers is always late on supplying the customers with the updates on a timely manner. They take weeks / months to update their phones. They will post morw information on what device will get what update on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread that i linked below.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
I've Been Here Awhile

Was looking for this information myself tonight... from this post (updated 8 hours ago) looks like "late January". <sigh>

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah so much for the late December as previousy posted by Rogers.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Rogers-Promises-Jelly-Bean-for-Galaxy-S-III-This-Month-Galaxy-Note-Ge...

....And it was cause I've been checking constantly...til today!

Gadddddddddddd I hate waiting and it's only ever exasperated by Rogers and their unfailing ability  to delay, postpone and ignore. Blah blah blah...I hate the excuses made by them and others. There is none plain and simple. Tis all about control and they have it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ha! I was told while on a call with rogers back in July, that by the end of august, he note would have he update. As you can tell, I am still here, so I didn't hold my breath. Hopefully we will see it sometime this month. That would be nice. After rooting my phone, and removing the rogers junk apps, it runs mint!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShadNuke

The S2 LTE will get JB in the end of January. This can change tho anytime. Rogers posted this on the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread. Here it is.

Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (SGH-I727R) - Jelly Bean (4.1) - Late January
I Plan to Stick Around

I know, and the note is scheduled to get it too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. We all know how updates go when it comes to rogers adding their proprietary apps.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShadNuke

I do not believe the as well. They change it all the time with other updates and push it back. I wonder why they keep doing it tho. Oh wait, its because of lack of developers that know nothing and a company that can not get on a straight path.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So everyone i got some sad news to report. Rogers updated their post on the " OS Upgrade Schedule" To " Late February"

Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (SGH-I727R) - Jelly Bean (4.1) - "Late February"

I guess we have to wait another month for this update. Very VERY upsetting to see.
I've Been Here Awhile

Come on! Grrrrr...... Bad enough my s2 has to go in for repairs for a blown speaker and camera problems..... Now more waiting for jb. Honestly making me seriously think about going to bell....... Just saying......