Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

i dont know about GTA, but in vancouver, my 4g speeds are around 22mbps, and my LTE speeds before upgrading to jelly bean were 40+mbps. now i cant even connec to LTE and my speed tests on 4g only top out around 22mbps. so there is definitely no LTE connection here. 4g is NOT LTE.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have you all tried resetting your phones to see if the battery drain is fixed? It seems to work for a lot of people

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Resetting meaning power off/on or factory reset?  If you mean power off/on yes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

r u talking about resetting the whole phone and wiping everything out, isn't that kinda extreme

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What do you classify 22Mbps as then if not LTE? What were you getting before LTE rolled out in your area? about 7Mbps tops? While it may not be as fast as you were receiving before it is still definitely LTE speeds (just NOWHERE near the max - theoretical or otherwise).

@limmerZ wrote:

i dont know about GTA, but in vancouver, my 4g speeds are around 22mbps, and my LTE speeds before upgrading to jelly bean were 40+mbps. now i cant even connec to LTE and my speed tests on 4g only top out around 22mbps. so there is definitely no LTE connection here. 4g is NOT LTE.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Resetting the phone means doing a factory reset on the phone. Back up everything & then do a factory reset to see what it does then.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RobbieRobb

My 4G speeds are around 15-28Mbps. LTE Speeds range from 30-70mbps in Scarborough for me. Mind you those speeds are testing on my S2 LTE, S3, iPhone 5 & Black Berry Z10
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's interesting. I haven't had any other device to compare it against. This leads me to believe that there is something in the 4.1.2 firmware that is restricting the speed of the LTE connection as there isn't a magical new 4th level of data connection - still the same ol' 3G, HSPA+ and LTE that they had prior to this week. Perhaps that was what Samsung was referencing in their tweet promising a speedy resolution.

Thanks for sharing your testing results.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello RobbieRobb

My 4G speeds are around 15-28Mbps. LTE Speeds range from 30-70mbps in Scarborough for me. Mind you those speeds are testing on my S2 LTE, S3, iPhone 5 & Black Berry Z10

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thanks for waiting patiently. 

@SamsungMobileCA has tweeted the following yesterday:

We're aware RogersBuzz GALAXY S II LTE users are having trouble with the Jelly Bean upgrade. We will update everyone shortly to remedy.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thank you RogerRavi for answering our questions