Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

I was wondering about the battery drain in mine as the first day it seemed to go down quite fast. However I took a look at what was eating up the battery and about 60% of it during that discharge cycle was the screen. I guess I was just playing around with it more - resetting up things that got messed up, etc. and didn't realize it. After that, I haven't noticed any significant difference in battery drain.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My screen had fairly his percentage but even more was TouchWiz (almost 40%), which seems awfully high

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I updated via Kies and have LTE icon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh! I hadn't even considered TouchWiz as being a big drain. I use GO Launcher so I'm not even running TouchWiz - that may be why I didn't see the drain mentioned above.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm...I hope Rogers hasn't updated the firmware AFTER the initial release and rereleased it with the exact same build number. That's awful coding ethic.

@ConstT wrote:

I updated via Kies and have LTE icon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Go Launcher will replace touchwiz?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes it will.  It's quite good too.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As Oatmeal mentioned it replaces it rather nicely. The ONLY drawback is that you can't easily switch back and forth. Well, you CAN, but you would need to setup your TouchWiz how you want it THEN setup your GO Launcher how you want it. They don't share the same data for shortcut locations etc. (in case I'm not being clear, as I fear I'm not, my phone is all setup through GO Launcher - all my shortcuts and widgets are just where I want them. If I change it so that TouchWiz launches instead there are NO shortcuts or anything other than the default ones provided by Samsung during install)

@satdan wrote:

Go Launcher will replace touchwiz?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

GO Launcher is fantastic. And it's Free to boot! You get some really nice widgets with it as well. The switch widget allows makes turning off your data package very easy if you want to conserve your battery more. 

Last night a downloaded a Jellybean Theme that looks really slick. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re Battery drain issues. I used to get a good 17 hrs of use on LTE with ICS. I use my phone mainly for e-mail every hour or so and texts with the odd you tube video at lunch, face book etc. Downloaded Jelly Bean and now am lucky to get 10hrs out of a charge? Have checked all the battery use items and screen is set to auto with a 1min turn off time. I have even enabled energy saving mode which I never had to use and still only get 10 hrs. Went to a Rogers store tonight to enquire about the issue and they said they could send my phone back to Samsung for repair. My phone is 15 months old and is now not much use if I have to carry a charger everywhere with me. My asus Ultrabook gets 12hrs on a battery charge......... Not sure how to proceed with this. Would love to roll back to ICS and at least be able to use my phone again....Man Frustrated