Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Perhaps Rogers knows how horrible using Kies was to update to ICS. Thank God I didn't have to use Kies to do this update. Thanks to the usefulness of my phone I don't often use my home PC anyway.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I haven't gotten any notification that Jelly Bean is available for my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE from Rogers. I did the upgrade to ICS a while back via Kies. I didn't have any huge problem with that, but I'd prefer OTA if it's available. Either way... how can I get it? Do I have to wait for Rogers to notify me, or can I trigger it myself?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting similar issues.  I am in Southern Ontario and have not been able to get LTE since upgrading this morning.  I have been able to get 4G but it's like where I used to get LTE I get 4G, 4G is now 3G, and 3G is H+.

I am currently troubleshooting the basics with @RogersHelps on twitter.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You know what me too. I would normally get LTE where I am right now and I'm only getting 4G.

However since LTE kills your battery so fast this doesn't bother me all that much. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Oatmeal25 wrote:

I'm getting similar issues.  I am in Southern Ontario and have not been able to get LTE since upgrading this morning.  I have been able to get 4G but it's like where I used to get LTE I get 4G, 4G is now 3G, and 3G is H+.

@I am currently troubleshooting the basics with @RogersHelps on twitter.

Please let us know what Rogers says!

I've Been Here Awhile

I just did this update through kies and it bricked my phone, my warranty was over last month . . i have no phone now . . 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same problem here.

Please update what you get from Rogers. Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think 4.1.2 uses the description "LTE" for the LTE connections. I think it's using "4G" for what used to be LTE. "H+" for what used to be 4G and 3G for 3G. That said, I also noticed a decrease in speed based on speed tests from November of last year after LTE launched here. Today I was only getting 10Mbps down but also getting 10Mbps up. the speedtest website also was indicating that is was an LTE connection even though our phones now say "4G". I'm also in touch with @RogersHelps for clarification on this but I think that's what we'll hear eventually.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was getting 4G speedtest.net results.  they had me try out the basics; pull the battery, reset the account's networking from their end followed by a battery pull, and finally a factory reset.

The factory reset may have done it or it may have been a coincidence.  Nothing was conclusive.

Regardless I eventually did get LTE speedtest.net results but the connection status continues to read 4G instead of LTE, must be a change or an oversite.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem here. Upgraded to 4.1.2, LTE never showed up.  Called Tech Support 3 times. Tried all the resets, including the Factory reset. and it did not work.  Im only getting 4G.

Let me know guys if you find some other solution.

Thanks