Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Any release date for jellybean on Samsung S2 LTE?

Hello jflower76

Bell has the same issue as well. All big 3 carriers take their time to update the phone they have. Rogers tends tho to do it sometimes later then them. The problems you had on your phone is not Rogers fault here. They never made the phone, they just simply the network you are on and the updates.

Anyways hoepfully they bring it out early Feb.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

that sucks, was looking forward to late january, why do they do that, it makes for not so happy folks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lackoftalent

It does suck but we can not do anything. Every carrier is Canada is late on releasing updates. The problem tho is Rogers is really late on the updates.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is my first cell phone carrier so i not sure what to think yet, but i do have a questions

For what reason do they keep bumping back the dates. Are the updates not out yet?

Just  a newbie asking

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lackoftalent

The updates have been out for a while. the manufacturers send out the update months before hand. They are being pushed back for the reasons following:

A. They have not even started them yet.
B. They have a few more bugs/ problems to deal with

C. They could be almost done the testing & want to make sure everything works well.

D. Not enough developers to test each & every update to make sure its fine & it works on their networks without any issues.
E. The manufacture has not sent out the update yet ( This one is rare to happen.

If the Manufacturer has not sent the update to Rogers, Rogers would not put up a date on the internet. This being said, it does state they dates are subject to change at anytime.

I'm Here A Lot

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's not our phone...We should still be good for later this month...hopefully but not holding my breath LOL

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well Bell is releasing an update guess Rogers is just too slow...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/02/13/bell-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-will-get-a-taste-of-jelly-bean-over-the-n...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RonL

Bells version is not LTE. The original S2 from Bell is getting the JB update. Anyways i do agree that Rogers is just slow & all. I am sure they are going to release it shortly after Bell does
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Considering Bell got their version of the S2 months before Rogers' LTE version, I'm surprised it took them so long to release their JB update.