Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Hello Zia

Thanks for the reply.

I have posted my question in a Microsoft forum as well. No responses. I'm afraid that my model of phone is a bit old and most of the teck-savvy keeners have probably already upgraded to another model.

If I never solve the problem, it's not the end of the world, but it sure would be nice to have a Windows phone where everything worked properly. I'm a bit of a windows mobile booster who is surrounded by iPhone and Android users who think I'm a dope for sticking with Windows. To be honest, the support from Microsoft is not good, so they might be on to something.

Shane

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Just to let people know, the Microsoft Store (Mississauga Square One is closest to me) is a good place to get unlocked Windows Phones. There are some decent higher end phones, including the new Alcatal Idol 4S. There is a sale on the HP Elite X3. The Lumia 950 and 950XL are also available.

I have a Lumia 950XL, unlocked with a Rogers SIM, which I've been running since late 2015. Running Windows 10 Mobile means getting updates generally in sync with Windows 10 desktop. Even though there aren't as many apps, the feature set has grown with the regular updates, and Windows 10 Mobile is now a very reliable operating system.

If I had to get a new Windows Phone, the HP Elite X3 is what I would get today (it's a very rugged and stylish phablet). By the end of 2017 we should have a better sense of what Microsoft is up to, and the rumours are pointing to some sort of foldable tablet that can be a phone, and a tablet (likely with pen), and docked to become a PC. With full Windows moving to mobile ARM chips, this will likely build on the HP Elite X3's 3-in-1 concept.