Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

Anyone know if Rogers will at any point be getting any new Flagship Windows Phone 8.1 devices? There has been nothing released by Rogers since the Lumia 1020. Neither has there been any news whether or not Rogers will be carrying the HTC One M8. Unsurprisingly they announced dates for  pre orders for the new iPhones within 24 hours of the Apple presentation. I know Windows Phone aren't as popular, but there are still some of us that really enjoy the windows phone and would like to see another high end flagship device. Does Rogers wait until end of September before they reveal what new devices they will be offering on all the different platforms?

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any new Window's phone on the horizon?

If the rumour saying that Rogers refused the 1520 and 1320 because of their size (that is non-appealing to Canadians supposedly), there would no reason not to carry the Lumia 830.

Although not a top of the line flagship phone, its value/price ratio is superior than most offerings.

I agree with you, Rogers is pretty lame when new Windows Phones announcements are concerned.

Highlighted

The 830 will be there for people who want a decent phone with a decent camera and not spend big bucks to get it. Since I have 14 months left on my contract I'm just going to wait until "threshold" is released with hopefully new devices.

Rogers is terrible in regards to announcements for Windows phones. Even the advertising was terrible. I think I started seeing commercials for the windows phone platform a month after I had my Lumia 920 which I got a month after the official release. If Windows phone is to be more successful, Rogers needs to really step it up in all departments. It would also help if they had customer service representatives that actually recommended the product as an alternative to apple and android.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tweeted at Rogers a few different times trying to get them to say something. Naturally, they say nothing, literally they pretend like the new Windows Phones don't exist. The worst part however, is not that they aren't big supporters of the platform; no, it doesn't sell as well as iOS or Android phones, so that's understandable. What really gets me upset is that they refuse to say "NO" or "YES". They just don't tell us anything. Just constantly saying, "we have nothing to announce at present". If you have no intention of carrying a device, then tell us plainly. Seriously, it's things like this that annoy people the most about the big three telcos. If they would quit treating us this way, and just spoke plainly, we might actually trust them more.

The bottom line is, we know there are new phones out there, we'd like them, so tell us whether you're bringing them here or not. I understand early on, there is negotiations they wont want to throw off, but if you've made a decision, tell us.

If the WP situation doesn't improve before my contract is up, I'll be getting an unlocked WP device from the states, and heading to another carrier.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

im sure some new phones will make it to Canada this year, dont know about rogers, btw Microsoft stores in Canada have starting selling unlocked phones, right now the 1020 and 635, a couple new devices will be coming for the holiday season.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I never knew Microsoft was selling unlocked devices at their store. Hopefully they will bring the 1520 or another flagship device soon.
Highlighted

I'd love to see the Lumia 930 and the 1520 sold unlocked on the microsoft website. I did see that the 1020 and 635 were available, i hope they make more unlocked devices available for Canadian customers!

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm actually quite shocked how Microsoft is not stronger in Canada as a viable alternative to Apple and Google products. I have a Microsoft store here in Edmonton and the store is always busy, granted most are looking at the Surface computers, so odd they aren't marketing their phones more here. After hearing about the 930 I thought for sure Rogers would be announcing a release, but I guess not. 😞 I'm currently using an iPhone 5, and do love it, but have been considering a Windows phone for a bit, and was willing to make a switch, but not to an old device, and Cortana is an important feature. I guess I'll be waiting for awhile. :'(
You'll find me when I'm not playing or ref'ing hockey or volleyball.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I grew rather frustrated with the poor choice of phones offered by Rogers and as a result recently picked up a used unlocked Lumia 1520. It's a wonderful phone and works well on the Rogers network. If Rogers had offered this phone, or even a decent alternative flagship Windows phone, I would certainly have bought it from them and they'd have had me (and various family members) as a customer on contact for another couple of years.