Any ETA on the 4.0.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any ETA on the 4.0.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus

I got tired of waiting and so did a friend of mine on Bell.  We followed this tutorial to change from yakjuux to yakju (Google updates OTA direct).  I modified the tutorial a little to go straight to 4.0.4 now that Google has released the factory image for that version.

The tutorial is here: http://www.xtremel.com/2012/01/25/how-to-change-from-yakjuux-to-yakju-galaxy-nexus/

The change I made was to download 4.0.4 image and flash directly to that version... also I downloaded the radio UGKL1 and flashed that as my radio (default Canadian radio).

Before you do this, backup your pictures, music, sms (SMS Backup and Restore app) and any other content you have created on your phone.  The apps will restore if you have selected that option in your settings (Backup to Google server).

Now running 4.0.4 with UGKL1.

Screenshot

Everything you need is in the tutorial above including links to the files you will need to download.  The process is straight forward and takes about 20~30 minutes to complete.  This is the easiest flash I have ever done.  I flashed my Samsung Captivate several times with different ROMs and this was much easier.  Just read and follow the directions.

There seems to be no good reason to stay on yakjuux and on Samsung's timeline.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

4walls -- If you already installed CWM, I'd strongly recommend you try the Cyanogen 9 nightly for the nexus. It enables Call name display, and is on 4.0.4.

With that on, my phone's battery can last for 3+ days now (Granted, I don't do alot of calls)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Another option for those looking to "help" the update process...I found this on XDA-developers forum and it is a method to help the new 4.0.4 update show up in the US phones, but it is a non-destructive procedure and it MAY help with the 4.0.2 update that has been available to a few Canadian users.  There is a reported issue with 4.0.4, apparently a loss of signal has been reported by some users while the phone is sleeping.  I have not noticed this issue on 4.0.4 but there is an app for that... "No Signal Alert"

Try this to force updates, use at your own risk, YMMV, etc, etc:

1 go settings/apps then hit the all button at the top
2 Scroll down to goggle service framwork then press it to open it
3 Hit the clear button
4 go to settings/about phone/System updates the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok
5 Hit the check button
6 nexus should now show update to 4.0.4 is Available
7 hit install and enjoy

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1578569

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I just got my Galaxy Nexus from Rogers last night. I already have 4.0.2 pre installed in the phone already.

I am waiting for 4.0.3 or 4.0.4
Highlighted
I've Been Around

any word on an update yet? i'm still waiting.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You will be waiting until samsung or google release the updates to us. Rogers does not supply the updates to the Nexus line. Also i got another Galaxy nexus from Rogers and it came with 4.0.1 and not 4.0.2 like my other one did. I keep trying to do the update over theaor from the settings but it says its up to date.... Weird eh.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

It's funny since 4.0.4 yakjuux has been released.
The latest N.A. radio is UGLC1 btw, if anyone does flash something other than the stock rom.

Honestly I got tired of waiting for silly OTA updates that don't come when they should...Why get a Nexus if you aren't going to tinker anyway.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#yakju

Official 4.0.4 (IMM76I) builds released by Google for yakju, which supposedly resolves the issues some people were seeing on 4.0.4.

Still stuck on 4.0.1 on my Canadian/yakjuux Nexus, no response from Samsung Mobile Canada yet
I Plan to Stick Around

Since updating to 4.0.4 (see my post from Mar 30), my battery life has been improved and I have not had a single "process not responding" message like I was getting on 4.0.1 on a regular basis. Just a short while ago I received an OTA update from Google as well. I am still on 4.0.4 but I went from IMM76 to IMM76I. This was rumored to be the fix for dropped signals but I didn't have any problems with the signal. Still running great on 4.0.4. I don't see any reason not to switch over. Follow the tutorial from my post of Mar 30. It is dead simple.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@4walls wrote:
I don't see any reason not to switch over. Follow the tutorial from my post of Mar 30. It is dead simple.

I couldn't agree more.

Android 4.0.4 (IMM76I) works like a charm on my Galaxy Nexus.