Any ETA on the 4.0.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Any ETA on the 4.0.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus

I personally think Samsung is lying on this, as the google version of the OS (I'm not gonna into details on this -- but the Google nexus phones around the world have alot of different Android OS versions) is at 4.0.3.

But I myself worked hard in the last two days and got everything on my nexus, as well as Call name display! 🙂 Nothing easy  to do though....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The Google version of the OS for the Galaxy Nexus is at 4.0.2
Source: http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, my bad 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

I understand from reading the Verge online, that 4.0.4 is out for the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus now in the US.  This is the reponse I received from Samsung when I told them my Galaxy Nexus was not updating beyond 4.0.1.

Android 4.0.4 rolling out to select Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S models | The Verge  http://j.mp/H1JAxP

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

We understand that you would like to update the Android version on the mobile phone.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We recommend you perform a factory reset on the mobile phone which will erase everything and see if that helps.
Please perform the below steps to reset the mobile phone to factory defaults.
From the Home screen tap on Applications >> Settings >> Back-up and restore >> Factory Data Reset.

If the issue still persists, we recommend you contact Rogers support for the update as the update was released through the carrier.

Thank you for contacting Samsung.
Kind regards,
-----
Samsung Customer Care

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

How on earth is the update released from the carrier when the Nexus line the updates come straight from Google & Samsung :/.. The agent you spoke from Samsung gave you the wrong info. The updates on the Nexus lines come straight from Google & Samsung. NO carrier will touch it at all. The phones yet the update Via OTA update from the manufactor.

Rogers does not touch or do anything with the update on the Galaxy line. This is all Samsung & Google. Also Contact Samsung Canada, Not Samsung. Samsung Canada will give you the proper info.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So has anybody been able to update past 4.0.1?

Highlighted

Google has released the souce code of Android 4.0.4 as well as the updates for a couple of devices (including the GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus).

Even for devices directly updated by Google, updates have to be approved by manufacturer/carriers before being pushed Over The Air.

But, as soon as the update has been approved for 1 Galaxy Nexus somewhere in the world, anyone can get the update.zip file an apply the update manually.

Full strory here: https://plus.google.com/112218872649456413744/posts/LG8VK9NNRTq

Reminder: Samsung Galaxy Nexus sold in Canada are updated by Samsung but since it's the same hardware, you can switch to the Google ROM to get updates from Google.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah the carriers have nothing to do with it, but when I asked on the Samsung Canada Facebook page, they had this to say (which hopefully means April):

"Hi Daniel! I know it's hard waiting for these updates. Please be patient. They should be arriving in early Q2. Thanks!"
Highlighted

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure that would work if we flashed to the standard yakju configuration, which is probably easiest.

But if we want to remain on the Canadian yakjuux Config, then we are on Samsungs timeline