cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti Virus License Key expired

theblue12
I'm Here A Lot

So Since Feb 3rd I've had issues with the new update from Rogers Anti Virus. it says License key has expired.

There is a ticket open with Rogers, but I want to know if anybody else has an answer. Rogers has removed it, installed it, reinstalled it many times, also my self I've done it, no luck. I get the updates from the virus program, I can do a scan, once I shut down my laptop re start it, it says. The Rogers Online Protection license has expired.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anti Virus License Key expired

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello theblue12

I would honestly just say switch to another Anti Virus program like McAfee or Norton or even a free anti virus program NOT the Rogers one. some that use it have problems with that one & also not many use the Rogers Anti Virus program.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Is any Community member able to assist @theblue12 with their issue?

RogersDarrell

Most of the users here.. DONT use the rogers antivirus, and so likely wouldnt have seen the message.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello theblue12

I would honestly just say switch to another Anti Virus program like McAfee or Norton or even a free anti virus program NOT the Rogers one. some that use it have problems with that one & also not many use the Rogers Anti Virus program.

Thanks. Still waiting to hear back from the eng. dept from Rogers. They are contacing Radial Point I believe.

I have MSE in my laptop now. It starts up fast and well I read it will end in April I think, in that case will go with McAfee or Norton or Avast etc. Thanks.

MSE is only ending its support for XP, as far as i am aware.

gisuck
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I for one wouldn't recommend McAfee nor Symantec. Preferably stick with ESET or Kaspersky. You should also do your independent review of antivirus vendors to see which one you prefer since each has their own pros/cons.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/ is a good place to start.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello gisuck

While you may have problems with McAfee, i have it running on 20 computers at work & on my 2 laptops & 1 desktop. Not one problem for about 4-5 years & always catches the virus & other stuff. Everyone has a different view on it tho / see it.

Kaspersky is a great one too.

Hi

Will try McAfee and a few other ones. Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello theblue12

You are welcome:)

djpc
I've Been Around

I this solution!  Imagine if every problem was solved this way! Rogers internet is slow, go to Bell. What a waste of a product that was working fine then they had to screw it up.

shick
I've Been Around

Just to update that I have the exact same problem with updated Rogers antivirus  giving error message that licence key has expired.  Rogers tech support could not fix so their engineering dept is trying.  I was told that no one else has reported this problem so interesting to see that there is at least one other.  I am using MSE for now but if no fix in a week then will pay for Mcafee.

Hi

FYI been in contact with Rogers and RadialPoint, it's a big issue, turns out MANY people have the same issue. If anybody at Rogers says nobody has reported this, fyi.....their Concierge team is aware and their engineering dept. and Radialpoint. Still no fix. I can't use MSE as I have XP, I use Avast! for now. So yes, big issue with Rogers and Radialpoint.

I've been in contact with Rogers they've called me and I called them and also RadialPoint. It will take some time, issues I've had since Feb 3rd. Waiting game is on. I've installed and uninstalled the Rogers Anti Virus and both parties have done the same I've lost count, I just want it fix. I always think there is hope when they call me but nope. Will wait more.

MSE works just fine on XP...

Other than on corporate machines, which i use our corp symantec...
All my personal ones i use MSE.... found it has cought more than retail mcaffee/norton.. 

(though still need a seperate better malware scanner like malwarebytes)

Yah..but...Microsoft has also stopped providing MSE for download on Windows XP. (If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive antimalware signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean that your PC is secure because Microsoft is no longer providing security updates to help protect your PC.)

The MSE download page, still allows download for MSE on its page.. was just there today looking after your first post.
(unless its disabled when you actually go to click it... i no longer have any XP systems to check with anymore :P)

But in the end, you are right.. you bring up a good point.. that XP no longer has ANY more update comming to it.. so as time goes on, running a system with XP will be a security risk in itself)

Exactly. I had MSE but took it out just the before. I have XP, well 10 year old laptop, 2nd hard drive, 1st one failed just in Sept so I got this one for $25 IDE hard drive, I would like to get a new laptop as more issues and like to be able to have better video card, more ram etc. When I get a new laptop my old one will be off the net and just use here and there...

got note saying my key is expired too.  dont know how long its been there dont use PC often, usually on my ipad.  have to say i am getting fed up with rogers.

Well nobody ever did follow up with me, it was a known issue across Canada, and they had a master ticket open but nobody ever did call or email to follw up, they did alot in the winter and early march time but not since.

I got a new laptop 3 weeks ago, and no issues. I downloaded and it's with no issues of the key at all.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Problem is that rogers isn't an AV company, and they are just re bundling someone else's, and if it has issues, they have no control and have to wait on the maker of it to fix things, etc.

As I have said before, there are much better ones out there that are 100% free and do a better job.
You don't have to use the rogers one.

Hi, Yes I know, it was Radialpoint that had all the issues with the program.

I do use malwarebytes and I've used Avast, MSE, Mcafee and MSE before.

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation