Another price increase??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Another price increase??

After raising internet rates in January of this year, I just got a letter saying there will be another increase in August. Two increases in 1 year?? I can't believe it.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Another price increase??

Think about how many times Rogers has increased speeds on all packages without increasing the price. I have no problem with minor price increases as I am sure that would lead to even higher speeds in the near future.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree with TeDD13.

Think about all the increased speeds on all the packages Rogers offered for free. As long as its a small increase, i would not really mind it. Yes Rogers internet is not the best but a small increase is most likely needed to keep up & such.
I've Been Around

Oh please. Better speeds cost more?

We are getting price increases to cover the costs of normal maintenance which is what they are supposed to be doing in the first place as part of regular operations.

And Meowmix - nothing is for free. There is no free lunch.

We are paying dearly for less than third world service or capability.

As for speed? Who cares? I rather have reliability, stability and no usage caps.

We used to get all three to varying degrees way back when.

So what happened outside of creative business plans?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thrudd

I can understand that but look at the states. You guys think Rogers is bad? Go review & read all the threads about the Internet providers in the states. We are all the same. No matter how bad it may look or good.

If you want all that, go with Techsavvy or another provider. Rogers, Bell & the rest will not offer all that & we all know this. I have been begging to get better stability & no usage caps for years but never happened.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I expect a price increase every year...but twice in one year??? That is ridiculous.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bryans05

That is true. I remember Bell doing this not so long ago actually. I have both Bell Fibe and Rogers cable at my house and see the changes and price increases on both. Now i would like Rogers to go public on why they are increasing the price for the second time in a year. I doubt it will happen but just so we all know why.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

By increasing the price twice a year they probably feel people will shrug off a 2-3 dollar/month increase easier than a 4-6 dollar increase.

What is most annoying is knowing that we in Canada pay more for internet use than most countries. I seem to remember reading a couple of months ago that on of a list of 23 countries only four paid more that Canadians.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi jays77

You are probably right about this:

By increasing the price twice a year they probably feel people will shrug off a 2-3 dollar/month increase easier than a 4-6 dollar increase.

Bryan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, canada does pay more on average than alot of countries.

And not to say that rogers service is perfect for internet.. far from it, there are alot of people with service issues (espeicaly in highly populated areas).

But meowmix brings up a good point.. US internet is slightly chaper than here... but stability wise?  I have a bunch of US friends, on a variety of the US providers (roadrunner, cox, time warner, comcast, etc)... and i hear more complaints from them about outage and service issues than i do for friends/family with rogers here.

But every area, and every user is different.  Take a look at the competitors and see what they have to offer.
Just make sure to do all yoru research first.  Ask around to others who have that service,and what their service levels are like.  See how they are in your area.

Keep in mind the way those companies connect your internet as well.  If your problems are infrastructure/line issues, switching to another provider using those same lines, may not do anything.

I have yet to receive any mailing on this... what is the exact $ increase?