Another price increase??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Another price increase??

For most plans the increase is 3$ per month. (6$ so far for the year)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ok, thanks.

This would be an ok announcement if they were adding something else at the same time (higher caps, etc)... but thats not likely to happen 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

actually...rogers does offer unlimited usage...

Regular charges Apr 20 - May 19    Usage Charge(0GB@$0.00/GB) $0.00 Jun 20 - Jul 19    Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unltd $84.99     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-22.50     Enhanced Home Gateway Rental $7.00     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-7.00

so basically i am only paying 43 after taxes

Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unltd $58.68     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-15.54     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-4.83

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bcheng

Yes they do BUT its only on a limited time offer & for you to get it for $10, you need to have 3 Rogers service ( Cable, Home Phone & Internet. ) If you do not have any of those & just have internet, they charge you $30 more to add unlimited internet. Again this is only for a limited time & Rogers will take the offer down. Its not something that will be on the line up for good unless one day Rogers does it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@bcheng wrote:

actually...rogers does offer unlimited usage...

Regular charges Apr 20 - May 19    Usage Charge(0GB@$0.00/GB) $0.00 Jun 20 - Jul 19    Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unltd $84.99     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-22.50     Enhanced Home Gateway Rental $7.00     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-7.00

so basically i am only paying 43 after taxes

Hi-Speed Extreme Plus Unltd $58.68     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-15.54     Savings: 30% Off Internet -12 Mths $-4.83

As Meowmix stated unlimited bandwidth is an extra cost of $10,00/$30.00. Also, those discounts you are enjoying are not available to everyone.  After this recent rate increase I will be paying about $2,00 less for the Lite package (no modem rental) than you are paying in total. There have no incentive to offer long time users with no contracts deep discounts, so each rate increase is just that.  An increase in cost for the same service. 

The cost of all services seem to rise each year,  It just sems that the increases are coming more frequently for everything.  To bad my income doesn't increase at the same rate. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Long time users DO have access to some discounts, if you ask.... BUT as you say, they are often tied with contracts.

HOPEFULLY, the 'incentive/points' program thing, will offer some of these types of 'addon' type things, then with no contract, just for however long the 'addon' lasts.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It's ridiculous to say the least.. I just got my price increase confirmed by phone.. What the Bleep.. To be honest with all the problems I've had this year.. I'd be going to Teksaavy asap if I wasn't on a contract!.. Best value/speeds for cable by far.. Even with unlimited caps added in.. 2 People use this connection for gaming/streaming/downloading/Browsing.. We have to becareful.. Plan our usage.. Dissapointing for $2.34/day.. I mean think about the cost of bandwidth and maintanence.. $2.34 minimum from users seems pretty nice for usable & unincumbered internet access.. 

I also confirmed that I can't cancel without paying out first.. So $20 a month for remainder of time? No limit to this amount? 

Rogers has positioned the division poorly in my opinion.. They are in full gouge mode at the moment I guess.. Lets compare..

Express(80GB) with a cisco ($7) is $70/month all in now .. $100 for Unlimited cap.. 

TS offers Matching SpeedsUnlimited Usage between 2am and 8am

C25 - 25Mbps Down / 2Mpbs Up - $40/month (300GB CAP) For $60 I can Get Unlimited cap.. 

TS offers Matching Price - Unlimited Usage between 2am and 8am

C45 - 45Mbps / Down / 4Mpbs Up - $55/Month (300GB CAP) - $100 for Unlimited Cap..

Now if only it wasn't alot to cancel Rogers..  We started a 2 year contract and got a discount for 2 months.. Not worth it..

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

to cancel, you will have to call in and inqure.

People on existing contracts, are still stuck on them till it is over or paid out.

They pretty much dont (are not allowed to) do contracts from this point out.. but anyone still on one, is stuck.  So you would have to call to find out how much.

(and express unlimited would be $80 to $100... depending on what other services you have, you can get the addon for $10.
TSI, you also need to BUY the modem, so while not as much as the modem rental (which you can buy as well with rogers), is a factor as well)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does a price increase not offer an out of your contract if you inform them within 30 of notification that you don't accept the new terms? I thought that was standard on all telco service contracts?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you choose not to accept the terms, you can back out of the contract.
You can back out of the contract at any time.

BUT regardless of how/when you back out.. IF there are any penalties, they would have to be paid.