Annoying constant data plan messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Annoying constant data plan messages

Every morning I get a message from Rogers trying to peddle their grossly overprices data plan for my Samsung cell phone.

I do not want nor do I need this service. If I want to acces the internet I do it form a WiFi point..NOT a cell data plan.

I've tried replying to the texts to no avail.

Is there a way to stop them pestering me??

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Annoying constant data plan messages

an app on your phone is trying to access data or trying to enter a website url.  if u dont have a data plan and dont want one, then disable tihs app from trying to connect.  its pretty simple analogy.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The reason why that is happening is because either the apps are trying to get into the internet access while wi-fi is turned off or Rogers just wants you to get their data plans really bad. I suggest calling Rogers & speaking to them about this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Another option is to sign into my rogers and update your marketing permissions.  You can change how and when you are contacted.  This stopped it for me.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

an app on your phone is trying to access data or trying to enter a website url.  if u dont have a data plan and dont want one, then disable tihs app from trying to connect.  its pretty simple analogy.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

I dont have WiFi turned on most of the time (drains battery like crazy).

Any idea as to how I can find the app then?

Txs

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You can request for them to block these data pass/add-on prompts. If so, you would be on a pay per use basis unless I am mistaken, and you remain responsible for any charges.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

There's an app called LBE, it's on the market / play.. It gives you control over what every single app on your phone has permission to do... You can allow, deny or ask to be informed... It's REALLY GOOD!!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Click here to opt out of   Rogers Group of Companies marketing messages. This includes  email, short text messages, telemarketing and direct mail contact.

http://www.rogers.com/optout