Annoying Rogers cable commercial starts/cutoffs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taz4969
I've Been Around

Annoying Rogers cable commercial starts/cutoffs

Is anyone else annoyed when the Rogers cable commercials, about Rogers services and/or Rogers programming, start about 1 second early cutting off the network commercial playing before it?  Then the series of Rogers commercials end about that same 1 sec early leaving the network commericial playing in behind the Rogers commercials to finish.  It bugs out of me each and every time it happens, and it happens every single time.  It just happened...AGAIN, just now, GRRRRRRR!!!!

Hey Rogers: please start your cable commercials about your services or programming one second later!  Thanks.

Taz

***Edited labels***

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Annoying Rogers cable commercial starts/cutoffs

Hi Taz4969 and welcome to the forums,

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this along.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RogersJean,

you think thats bad? try watching BET, rogers cuts to commercians during the middle of their music videos, then return back to see the end of the music videos, i guess you should give them the time its happening, as well the day, and the channel, and what program is on then they can look at their simsubbing to see if the are doing some t hing wrong

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

The more information you can provide me with the better. Information such as time of day, channel etc...

waymur
I'm Here A Lot

In fairness to Rogers and that doesn't come from me that often the problems occurs within the American system and their 61 and 59 minute prime time scheduling which is why you'll sometimes get 2 DVR listings for the same program - one for 1 minute and the 2nd for 59 minutes.
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't get me started... This is theft of airtime. Rogers will tell you it's OK because the CRTC says they can do it. That would be fine if it was their airtime to give away but it ain't. Just try stealing cable tv service from rogers and using the excuse that your landlord said it was OK. I feel strongly enough about this that we dropped cable service over it. Theft is theft no matter how you dress it up.

CHW
I've Been Here Awhile

So true...how could this not be a theft of airtime? The Rogers commercials are relentless - they are on FAR FAR too much and ONLY serve to annoy, definitely not to motivate me to give more money to Rogers. Dropping cable - maybe that is the right option.